We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Skinny Little Model (NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) am I...

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
mchenry,il
reviews: 1
Skinny Little Model (NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) am I...

I hope not everyone at theese resorts is a skinny little model...wearing izzy bitzy little bikinis..... maybe 20 years ago but not today!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't want to feel like a beached whale..... We are leaving for Bahia principe this Wednesday, I hope I am not the only one not wearing a bikini!!!!!!!!!!

not everyone can be 5 ft 6 incges and weight 115lbs!!!!!!!!

Saskatchewan
11. Re: Skinny Little Model (NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) am I...

I bet there are more average or chubby people than skinny little model people! I hope so anyways, we are going to Ocean Blue in Feb.!! Have fun and enjoy yourself-I am!

Montreal, QC
reviews: 4
12. Re: Skinny Little Model (NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) am I...

Don't worry - everyone does their thing. Topless (yes, there's quite a few), string bikinis, regular bikinis and lots and lots of one piecers. Men in long suits, speedos and some strings too! Believe me you lose your inhibitions once you're there and enjoy yourself! Have a GREAT time!

Calgary, Alberta...
13. Re: Skinny Little Model (NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) am I...

Hey everyone,

My thoughts -

First, no matter what size you are there are going to be lots of people there bigger and smaller. I was amazed at how free I feel at the beach (normally fairly self conscious), but I can't say that anyone else seems to care what I am doing or wearing. After the first day or two, I strapped on the old two-piecer and did my thing without a care in the world to my cellulite:>) or lumpy bits!

Second, I am normally a lovely shade of "Canadian grey". You know, so pale I'm kind of a blue-ish white. Before our Christmas vacation I went and got a Mystic Tan, ie. a spray tan at my local tanning salon. And I have to say that it took all of 5 minutes and the next day when it had fully developed, I looked a gorgeous shade of bronze. WOW! It lasted a week and wasn't patchy or fake looking. When we got to our resort, I didn't have to worry about looking like a beluga whale while trying to get a little colour. Awesome!

Have a great vacation!

M:>)

mchenry,il
reviews: 1
14. Re: Skinny Little Model (NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) am I...

Thank you everyone!!!!!!!!!

I leave tomorrow!!!!!!!

I will have a ball!

Brantford, Ontario
reviews: 10
15. Re: Skinny Little Model (NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) am I...

HI!

Just think how white you were when you left and how dark you will be when you get back. It's refreshing to see so many of us feel the same way! I won't know anyone there. I asked my husband if he minded me being bigger than I was and not a skinny one that I once long ago was. He said that the skinny ones are to look at and I am the one he loves to be with.

Isn't that romantic.