We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mobility Scooter Rental

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago, Illinois
Mobility Scooter Rental

Hello All, We are planning a wedding in Punta Cana for early next year. We have a few older relatives with mobility issues. They are worried they may not be able to get around the large resorts. I would like to them to enjoy their trip and everything the resort has to offer. I see the Majestic Elegance has elevator buildings which is great but getting around in the heat can be a problem for older people. Does anyone know of mobility scooter rentals in Punta Cana. I have been searching online with no results. I would appreciate any information that will help.

37 replies to this topic
Wilmington, North...
reviews: 1
1. Re: Mobility Scooter Rental

I called around and did a lot of searching, the best thing I could find was to bring one with you. Not a cheap option but the only one I could find. Its about $400 for a week, they ship to your house before you leave then you ship it back to them when you return. (all shipping included in the price) They also said there is no charge from the airline and does not count as a bag. http://www.scootanywhere.com/

Silver Spring...
Destination Expert
for Dominican Republic
2. Re: Mobility Scooter Rental

There was another thread on this a while back and nobody came up with a solution. Don't know of any companies in the D.R. who rent them.

Nahville, TN
reviews: 7
3. Re: Mobility Scooter Rental

Stevegotmojo, We have been to the Majestic Elagance five times and I have a few mobility issues as well the resort is very happy to pick you up in a golf cart and take you where you want to be maybe a little walking involved but not much. As far as I know and fro what locals say there are no rentals in punta cana. Hope this helps.

Morristown, New...
reviews: 14
4. Re: Mobility Scooter Rental

This seems like a really great business opportunity.... hmm....

Santo Domingo...
5. Re: Mobility Scooter Rental

Joe and Steve,

Finally, there is now mobility scooters for rent in Punta Cana, Bavaro, La Romana, Cap Cana and all of Dominican Republic. It is called SCOOTERS DR. Although their website is under construction, you can contact them at 809-532-2006 or email Teddy at teddy@targetconsultores.com.

I knew the scooters will be available starting next month of April.

Hartford...
reviews: 116
6. Re: Mobility Scooter Rental

Please be aware of the airport/planes as well, I saw a couple of people with mobility issues trying to get up the stairs to get in the plane.

They may have some sort of lift, but all we saw were portable staircases for entry/exit

Santo Domingo...
7. Re: Mobility Scooter Rental

Thanks Matt.

But, trying to help passengers to climb up the stairs to the aircrafts are strickly issues for the airlines and the airport passengers' services.

Scooters DR is renting these mobility scooters to be used in most large resorts in Dom Rep...it really will help people with certain disabilities, people with overweight and elders to get around the resorts, directly from thei rooms.

Belleville, Canada
reviews: 25
8. Re: Mobility Scooter Rental

While at our resort in January, we talked with a gentleman from Britain who has mobility issues. And he was able to bring his own scooter with him.

My advice...if the elders in your party use scooters when at home, then check with your airline about the transport of these items to/from the D.R. If they can be transported free, why rent ?

Santo Domingo...
9. Re: Mobility Scooter Rental

I think is a risk and a stress bring a mobility scooter of another country, especially to the Dominican Republic, because you get involve with customs and loose time and extra money .

I wish to this company the best , and this is a good new there're Mobility scooter for rent in Punta Cana.

Wilmington, North...
10. Re: Mobility Scooter Rental

Just a quick comment on our experience with this company. It worked out great!! Our trip would not have been the same without it. Customer service was great, always nice to know you can speak to the owner of the company.

Reply to: Mobility Scooter Rental
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted