We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any beaches with good snorkeling ?

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Tinley Park...
Any beaches with good snorkeling ?

DW and I are considering Punta Cana and I am wondering if there is any good snorkeling from the beach or maybe someone can suggest a tour that goes to a shallow area. We have not decided on a hotel but were looking at the Riu’s or a Secrets.

Bayahibe, Dominican...
1. Re: Any beaches with good snorkeling ?

Hi

Further away from the Atlantic in Punta Cana, ther is a fishing village east side of the island known as Bayahibe, in the Caribbean Sea. This area is famous for the natural beauty as is next to the national east park where Saona island belongs to. Best area in the country to snorkel and diving

This area, unlike in Punta Cana has many live reefs with a variety of tropical fish.

The closest to a coral reef that you can swim up to the reef is Dreams La Romana.

Otherwise you can do a short trip by boat to the area

Punta Cana...
2. Re: Any beaches with good snorkeling ?

completely wrong, do some research on the DR National Parks and the conditions of the Coral Reef Lines around the Island.

around and specially near Saona Island underwaterwildlife is heaviliest reduced and snorkeling by far not even average, due thousands of Visitors brought there by Boats without the assisting use of Electro Outboards, but fuming and Oiling Speedboats, thousands of Guests standing on the since long Dead Corals since 2 Decades.

the Reef conservation and Preservation is done on the Easycoast/Punta Cana, by the Punta Cana Ecological Foundation,

sure not by the Masses who destroyed it unrepairably around Saona Island.

happy Sunny Sunday

Mike

Bayahibe, Dominican...
3. Re: Any beaches with good snorkeling ?

You got it wrong. PC snorkel and diving is rubbish as mass inexperienced divers and snorkellers have damage the few coral reefs in the area.

There is much more pollution in PC than Saona, that is why special programs have started as there is nothing to offer there but the beaches.

Saona is not destroyed, but eventually will start, definitely if they dont do anything about it

you just want to keep business in your area, don't you ?

Punta Cana...
4. Re: Any beaches with good snorkeling ?

so how it comes that Beaches such as the One here at My Place get the Blue Flag Certificate??

snorkelling in PC is done in some spots inshore, most of the Reefline luckily is not part of any Excursion.

My Business??

I fish the Atlantic Ocean the same as I fish the Caribbean Sea, one Boat is only used for Traveling with the Billfish Migration all around the Caribbean and Atlantic Waters, I would like to see the Reefs intact all around.

and YES,

Fish wise PC is the 10 Times better and healthier Side than thedamaged Shallows around Saona Island, hence also the Private Boats prefer to stay on the East instead of the Southeast Spring to Summer.

Mike

5. Re: Any beaches with good snorkeling ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:16 pm, October 26, 2012