We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Drinks at Majestic Colonial?

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Calgary
reviews: 1
Drinks at Majestic Colonial?

I read in a review that every type of alcohol but the "bar" brand costs extra at the MC? Can anyone confirm this??? This seems pretty strange for a place trying to be a 5 star.

Thanks.

M.

Fort Lauderdale, FL
reviews: 3
1. Re: Drinks at Majestic Colonial?

I agree...we are going in April and I expected top shelf...

reviews: 4
2. Re: Drinks at Majestic Colonial?

I permanently "borrowed" a drink menu from the MC as I was very angry that the menu appeared half-way through the vacation and the kahula and milk drinks and sambuca that I was having that were previous included suddenly became extra. I will highlight some of the prices below (all in USD):

Perrier, Evian: $5

Drambuie, Baileys, Frangelico, etc.: $5

Havana Club Rum $7

Beefeater Gin, Absolut: $5

Grey Goose: $10

Jose Cuervo:$5

Hennesy, Remy Martin: $12

Canadian Club, Jack Daniels, Chivas Regal: $7

Dom Perignon: $245

Moet Chandon: $75

Sambuca: $6

They were also selling bottles of wine for various prices; however, I never saw a printed list.

What was included was their "Classic" brand of alcohol (I had a hard time drinking it -- I usually drink Belvedere so it was pretty harsh for me, Presidente beer (tastes really good with a squeeze of lime) and Don Francesco wine (blush, white and red) (white was too sweet for me since I prefer a Chardonnay)

Luckily, my husband bought a huge bottle of Crown Royal (Canadian Whiskey) at Duty-free so he was set for the week. Unfortunately, I did not pick up anything :(

If you are booked with them, I suggest BYOB!

reviews: 4
3. Re: Drinks at Majestic Colonial?

Sorry! Forgot to add the beer!

Heineken, Corona, Bud, Bud light and Miller were $5.

:)

Birmingham, Alabama
4. Re: Drinks at Majestic Colonial?

mequelph,

What was their house rum? Was it Brugal? If so, is it included?

5. Re: Drinks at Majestic Colonial?

Does that drink menu have their blender drinks on it. Is there any way you could take a picture of it and post it?

Did you ever get your revamped resort map up here or on debbies? If not you can email it to me and I'll see what I can do.

visneskie@telecomottawa.net

Thanks,

Jason

6. Re: Drinks at Majestic Colonial?

Who were you booked with? Sunquest web site clearly says "unlimited premium brand drinks".

Realising that the base-line is indeed local versions, and merketers place "premium" a rung below "super-premium" (I kid not), it's really hard to see why they'd be charging for, say, Beefeater. Grey Goose maybe. Dom Perignon - almost certainly!!! Id say, Dom etc apart, you list is consistently about $6 too high.

I assume there was some sort of mineral water available at no charge? (Personally I cant stand Perrier anyway), but $5 ...

Local experts - - is this sort of thing a function of the hotel policy or the tour operator?

7. Re: Drinks at Majestic Colonial?

Sorry, I mis-spoke myself. It's actually quite easy to see why they'd charge for Beefeater. LOL.

Rather, it's hard to see how Sunquest can describe this as "unlimited free drinks".

I wish I could remember what the position was at Natura Pk when we were there a couple of years ago ;-)

reviews: 2
8. Re: Drinks at Majestic Colonial?

Not sure if I can recall this type of discussion on this or any other forum about a resort's booze selections in the past. According to the AT brochure, the MC includes" unlimited local and premium-brand drinks". I guess it is up to the resort to interpret what exactly this means. I'm booked thru Sunquest on the 26th and I'll certainly be dealing with their local tour rep firmly & sternly if we get screwed when it comes to the all-inclusive drink portion of our package!!

I look forward to any commments that Gregg might have.

Calgary
9. Re: Drinks at Majestic Colonial?

Thanks for the replies. I am amazed at this! I am sending an email off to the MC right now for total clarification. Man, just as the reviews of this place are starting to turn around, this happens. Man, I am mad! For the price we paid, we could have gone elsewhere and not had this problem.

SCARBOROUGH
reviews: 6
10. Re: Drinks at Majestic Colonial?

I am also in agreement with you We were told unlimited drinks premium brands etc. I would love some more clarification from Greg or whomever.

Thanks