We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Temperature Air and Water

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Winnipeg, Canada
reviews: 25
Temperature Air and Water

Hi ,

Travelling to Punta Cana arriving January 26th for 1 week.

What is the day and night temperature at that time of year?

What is the water temperature in the ocean?

Windy? Cloudy? Averages?

First trip to the Dominican!

Cheers,

David

Chelem, Mexico
reviews: 6
1. Re: Temperature Air and Water

Hey David, we stayed in PC twice at that time of year and from what I remember:

28-29 C day

21-22 C night

22 C average water temp.

A brisk breeze always, I remember wiping the mist off my sunglasses every couple of hours laying on the beach, oh the bother, ha ha.

It was mostly sunny with the odd five or ten minute blast of liquid sunshine.

I'm sure there are some more informed posters that can fine tune this but I'm up late so my two bits. I'm sure you will have a blast and the temp will be much better than the 'Peg.:-} Gary

Punta Cana...
reviews: 2
2. Re: Temperature Air and Water

The temperature around that time is perfect. It is still hot during the day, but cools down nicely in the evening. There is also usually very little humidity, which is great! The water temperature is a little chilly, but still very easy to get into and enjoy swimming. Last time I was in PC at that time I had to get into the water at least once an hour to cool off. We also had very little rain...just a 10 minute shower here and there. There are websites where you can see the average temperatures all year round...I can't think of one right now, but google is your friend!!!!

N.H.
reviews: 2
3. Re: Temperature Air and Water

Mid 80's for both pool and Ocean water.

Punta Cana...
4. Re: Temperature Air and Water

a usual Day would be

around 23/24C for the Ocean

27-29C Daytime

22-24C Nighttime

of course we have phases when a Coldfront wanders over the Area, on such take from the above Numbers 3C off for Day and Nighttime temps,

the Ocean of course doesn't cool down due a bit of cooler Air for some Days, lol, that Ocean stays on it's constant Temps.

Happy Sunny Travels

Mike

Pittsburgh...
reviews: 32
5. Re: Temperature Air and Water

this website will give you weather, ocean temps and satelite pics hope this helps...

weather.com - Map Room - Satellite Map, Weather Map, Doppler Radar Gulf/Caribbean Sea Surface Temps

Winnipeg, Canada
reviews: 25
6. Re: Temperature Air and Water

Thank you for the replies!

Weather sounds much like Cancun.

We were in Huatulco in Jan. this year, weather was 33C during the day and "cooled" down to 24C in the evening.

Ocean temp was in the 28C range.

Light breeze almost all the time, little to no rain.

Looking forward to Punta Cana!

David

New York City, New...
reviews: 6
7. Re: Temperature Air and Water

I find it a bit warmer than the Cancun area.

8. Re: Temperature Air and Water

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, June 08, 2011