We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How long is your flight to Punta Cana?

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
reviews: 3
How long is your flight to Punta Cana?

I will be leaving from JFK in NYC in 8 days. We are flying JetBlue and have a 4 hour flight. I'm curious as to how long of a flight everyone else has.

Brooklin, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
reviews: 20
1. Re: How long is your flight to Punta Cana?

Just a touch over 4 hours and 40 minutes from Toronto depending if the pilot puts his foot to the pedal !!

John

Brooklin (Bubba King)

New York
2. Re: How long is your flight to Punta Cana?

NY Neighbor ...

Welcome to the Forum !!

We've been traveling this Island for many years now....

I see that you are staying at Excellence~

Very cool!! Its a nice resort with a beautiful stretch of beach .... be careful of the water ... at times it can be ferocious...

Are you taking a transfer or going private? The ride from the airport is between 45-60 minutes, depending on how many stops on the transfer.... if you go private, it will be nicer and quicker.... IMO

As far as the flight... Jet Blue is Great - the only advice I can give you is that the door to exit, most times, opens at the rear and you are directly on the runway...

Enjoy this spectacular Island!

Peace

Lea

Edited: 7:09 pm, November 07, 2010
La Ronge, Canada
reviews: 29
3. Re: How long is your flight to Punta Cana?

Hi StephenNYC - Our flight from Saskatoon (Saskatchewan, Canada) is 6 hours. That's a direct flight.

Hope you have a great time in PC.

Kansas City...
reviews: 4
4. Re: How long is your flight to Punta Cana?

No direct flights from Kansas City, Missouri

2 hr. 10 min. to Charlotte, North Carolina

3 hr. 20 min from North Carolina to Punta Cana

Total flying time = 5 1/2 hours

Chilliwack, Canada
reviews: 9
5. Re: How long is your flight to Punta Cana?

Flying from Seattle rather than Vancouver for $$$ savings, with a 3+ hour layover in Atlanta, so approx 12 hours total from departing Seattle to arriving in PC.

We are going for 2 weeks so it's all good. Lots of time to get rested up :)

Do envy our eastern neighbours though who can get to pretty much anywhere in the Caribbean in 4 or 5 hours !

I love the West Coast , but flying from here sucks unless we are going to Hawaii (expensive) or the Pacific side of Mexico (so not our favourite part of the country).

Edited: 7:53 pm, November 07, 2010
South Jersey
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
reviews: 16
6. Re: How long is your flight to Punta Cana?

Our flight from Philly is a little more than3 hours... fortunately we are able to get non-stop flights...

N.H.
reviews: 2
7. Re: How long is your flight to Punta Cana?

A little over four hours if non-stop. 7 hours with a stop.

Old Bridge, New...
reviews: 72
8. Re: How long is your flight to Punta Cana?

Great topic Stephen! Im always curious as to how far a person travels to get to their paradise!

We fly out of Newark, so its about 4 1/2 hours non-stop flight.

We will also be at the Excellence but we need to wait till 12/7

Oshawa, Canada
reviews: 22
9. Re: How long is your flight to Punta Cana?

Leaving Edmonton at 1015 Saturday am. Arriving in Toronto at 3:54, meeting friends at the airport Sheraton Hotel, oniste, able to walk/ shuttle to from terminal without going outside. Leaving Sunday am at 6:00am and arriving Punta Cana at 10:45. so we are 24.5 hours in transit. The bonus for us is, no red eye flights, and we get to meet our long time friends and start our vacation a day earlier. A direct flight was not available to us on the day we wanted only mid week, not the same day as our friends could go. We have travelled together for 8 years, it is our way of keeping our friendship alive now that we live 2500 milse apart.

NY
reviews: 3
10. Re: How long is your flight to Punta Cana?

I think my husband & I will be on that same 4-hour JetBlue flight out of NY, StephenNYC, but not till December 11 (and we're also staying at Excellence). Have a wonderful trip!