We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Back from Secrets Excellence--any questions?

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
philadelphia, pa
Back from Secrets Excellence--any questions?

we just got back from secrets excellence and we had a fabulous time! i'll post a review shortly. any questions?

Bradenton, Florida
reviews: 14
1. Re: Back from Secrets Excellence--any questions?

hi tikilover...fiance and i are planning a june06 wedding/honeymoon there. we were planning on getting a swim out suite...any thoughts? worth the money?

how is the snorkeling? any tours you would recommend? also are there any area's that have natuaral waterfalls?

what was your overall impression of the resort?

thanks for any info - mike

Canada
reviews: 63
2. Re: Back from Secrets Excellence--any questions?

Some reviews mention that the rooms are in need of a face lift . Your thoughts . I hate to pay all that money for a room that looks run down and tired . I am hoping to get a nice one on the third floor.

Springfield...
reviews: 3
3. Re: Back from Secrets Excellence--any questions?

I am going to Secrets on Jan. 22 and was wondering if it was crowded.

Ohio
reviews: 1
4. Re: Back from Secrets Excellence--any questions?

We left Secrets of the 26th of December and it was at 85%. Marco was saying that for the next couple of months that they were booked solid.

Rooms: They paint them all the time. Have seen them doing touch up work to trim and tile. The only thing that I see that could use a touch up was some of the room furniture. The dresser and TV stand. Other than those it looked nice to us. Went to several rooms on this trip.

Kevin

philadelphia, pa
5. Re: Back from Secrets Excellence--any questions?

they definitely paint the rooms constantly...so frequently, in fact, that we got paint all over our clothing that we had put in the closet. we didn't realize it until we packed up to leave. the clothes that we had put on the shelf in the closet had white paint on them. when we checked into the room, there was no sign saying "wet paint" and no paint smell. this definitely did not sway our impression of the resort though. the manager was very nice and apologetic about the situation and gave us money for dry cleaning. we thought the rooms were very nice. they're not quite as luxorious as say, a four seasons hotel, but the room was definitley very comfortable. it was must nicer then an iberostar that i had stayed at in puerta plata a few years back.

we had a garden view room. personally, i would not pay the extra money for a swim out room, unless it was one by the cascade pool. those rooms literally back up to the pool. the swim out rooms by the larger pool were still a few steps away from the pool. our garden view room was just a few steps away from the pool.

we didn't do any excursions because we absolutely loved the resort. we really didn't want to spend a day away from the resort. most of the excursions involve at least an hour drive each way. we had enough of a drive from the airport, so we were very content to just enjoy the resort.

the most annoying part of the resort was the horseback riding men. there are two men who wear cowboy boots and plaid shirts and they walk around the pool and beack ALL DAY to try to get people to pay for their horseback riding excursions. They would even block the pathway when you went to get towels and force you to talk to them about horseback riding. they would walk around the pool and even if you were reading a book, sleeping, etc., they would stop and start talking to you about horseback riding. they also wouldn't take "no" for an answer. after telling them we weren't interested many, many, many times, we found ourselves starting to have to walk away when we saw them coming. i'm not sure why the resort allows this to happen.

other then that, we absolutely loved the resort and can't wait to go back!

reviews: 4
6. Re: Back from Secrets Excellence--any questions?

Hi, we're arriving Jan. 13th. at Secrets.

How did you tip? $ 1.00's or more?

Top shelf liquor?

We're doing garden view also. Is it a long walk?

My wife wants me to bring a suit or sport coat. Is this necessary?

THANKS

Canada
7. Re: Back from Secrets Excellence--any questions?

No suit required Supremo . Just dress pants and a shirt for dinner .

I am bringing some gifts and 100.00 in 0nes for the staff .

Canada
8. Re: Back from Secrets Excellence--any questions?

What I heard from SB and Bella the hotel is compact and it is not a far walk from anything . Ask SB for a map . She can email it to you .

Freehold, New Jersey
reviews: 2
9. Re: Back from Secrets Excellence--any questions?

My Honey is not bringing suits or jackets.. except for the jacket for the wedding... and he's getting married in jeans.. so nobody at the restaurant better complain!! lol

the place is pretty compact.. so no long walks to anywhere..

Ohio
reviews: 1
10. Re: Back from Secrets Excellence--any questions?

Don't get me started on jeans at Secrets.

Kevin