We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hanging Christmas lights

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sacramento...
reviews: 10
Hanging Christmas lights

We will be staying at Secrets during Christmas. I am thinking of bringing Christmas lights to hang. For anyone who has gone to Secrets at Christmas, how should I do it? What should I bring? Thanks.

Punta Cana
1. Re: Hanging Christmas lights

It will certainly give a festive feel to your room

The worst they could do is ask you to take them down - humbug ;(

But I'd take them - I think it's a great idea

They love Christmas lights here - they start to decorate in October and many keep them flashing until about March!

All the very best

bb

Nova Scotia
reviews: 1
2. Re: Hanging Christmas lights

Be sure to take an extension cord as there may not be a wall outlet near the patio door.

I doubt they will ask you to take them down (but of course can't guarantee it). When we travel, I have Canadian and Nova Scotia flags which I always hang from our balcony railing and I've never been asked to remove them.

Gregg

Saskatoon Canada
3. Re: Hanging Christmas lights

Dont bother. Unless that is if your planing on the low consumption LED and yes an extension cord. Have you ever noticed that every single light bulb in the developing countries is flourecent? Electricity is an expensive and treasured commodity. Our habit of squandering would be a no no. Plus I've never once seen an outlet on a balcony.

Milwaukee, WI
reviews: 29
4. Re: Hanging Christmas lights

The Iberostar properties put up like 8 billion lights on all the palm trees and stuff (okay, I exaggerate) and it looks so friggin awesome. Just like the Corona commercial x10,000

Sacramento...
5. Re: Hanging Christmas lights

Cool, thanks. Since we are going to be there at christmas I just want it as festive as possible. What else have you seen guests do at Christmas ?

Calgary, Canada
reviews: 5
6. Re: Hanging Christmas lights

Hubby and i are going from December 20-January 3. I went to the dollar store and bought the cutest little (and i mean little) Christmas tree! I put 1 mini strand of lights on (had to wrap it around and around...) and miniature Christmas balls.

It is awesome! We are taking it with us and will leave it for the maid when we leave!

**Feliz Navidad**

Sacramento...
7. Re: Hanging Christmas lights

That is too cute. I'll see if I can find one. I am also bringing santa hats. I think we would have great picture of us with santa hats and tropical drinks.

Calgary, Canada
8. Re: Hanging Christmas lights

Great idea! We are also bringing candy canes to hand out Christmas day!!!!!!

Calgary, Canada
9. Re: Hanging Christmas lights

Great idea! We are also bringing candy canes to hand out Christmas day!!!!!!

Sacramento...
10. Re: Hanging Christmas lights

me too with the candy canes. Right now I have one small suitcase with just xmas stuff.