We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

just returned from Paradisus, Punta Cana

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
newfoundland, canada
reviews: 1
just returned from Paradisus, Punta Cana

Hi there. I know everyone who is travelling to Punta Cana soon is quite anxious and after reading some of these reports, I can't blame you. The Paradisus was hit quite hard as well but most of the damage was cosmetic as far as we could tell. There was lots of flooding so I'm not sure how long it wil take for it to return to normal but the staff at Paradisus were already cleaning up as we were leaving. Honestly, I wouldn't say that the beach was "destroyed". Actually, in front of our Resort, I would say it was quite fine. If the sun was shining and they were serving drinks, I would have been happy to be there. We had no problem getting to the airport on the roads and there was a fair amount of damage between the airport and the Resort, but to be honest, it wasn't in very good shape prior to the hurrican either. As for the airport, the roof was fine. If there was some damage, it was not substantial. Now, I was as happy as the next to get home but I didn't get the feeling that it would take a substantial amount of time for the Paradisus to get back to normal.

The biggest problem we had was getting information. Some vacation reps were good but unfortunately, ours seemed to disappear. Make sure you ask very specific questions like how many restaurants are open? Is the pool fully functional? etc...

Not sure if this helps but I sure hope people reading this has the best vacation they can.

Peterborough,ON
1. Re: just returned from Paradisus, Punta Cana

You're right I am feeling very anxious after reading all the messages, we are leaving for Breezes Punta Cana Oct 17th - I have never travelled to DR and especially never travelled during hurricane season! After reading your msg. I feel a little better, but any additional info you have would be great re: the resorts