We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Majestic Elegance - Premium Liquor

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Miami
reviews: 6
Majestic Elegance - Premium Liquor

Does anybody know what brand of liquor are offered at Majestic Elegance? Especially if they have JW Black Label. Is the premium liquor in all the bars or the lobby bar only.

We are trying decide between Majestic Elegance or Paradisus Punta Cana. We were at PPC in 2006 and loved it but we want to try something new.

Thanks.

vancouver island
reviews: 51
1. Re: Majestic Elegance - Premium Liquor

Hi, I believe they have premium liquor in all the bars, you need to tip well and ask for it and they give it to you. We have tipped well and just received the good stuff, the bar staff here is great at the Elegance!

Leah

HOME
2. Re: Majestic Elegance - Premium Liquor

yusi50- Just got back from ME, I know for sure they have JW Black Label in the main lobby, also in the elegance club they put 2 bottles JW Black in my liq. cabinet for the week.

Miami
reviews: 6
3. Re: Majestic Elegance - Premium Liquor

Thanks for the info. Did you happened to notice what beer they had? It is funny for me to ask all these questions since I don't drink but we are big group and I'm the trip planner. :)

Los Angeles...
4. Re: Majestic Elegance - Premium Liquor

Do they have good white and red wine? I am not a wine snob but enjoy a nice glass.

USA
reviews: 54
5. Re: Majestic Elegance - Premium Liquor

laytravller,

My understanding is for those who enjoy a good wine, you will not be impressed with the house wine included.

However, I have read those who purchased from the wine list have enjoyed it.

Los Angeles...
6. Re: Majestic Elegance - Premium Liquor

MikeV

That is what I am afraid, oh well, will try anyway :)

HOME
7. Re: Majestic Elegance - Premium Liquor

For the beer they only have Presidente beer, very good, it taste like Budweiser and a Miller Light.

Ottawa, Canada
reviews: 8
8. Re: Majestic Elegance - Premium Liquor

Hi there,

My husband and I are great wine lovers and I would have to say that the "house wines" (both red and white) served at the different resorts we have been to in PC are virtually undrinkable. We just got back from the Majestic Colonial and they do have a wine list at the restaurants where you can order a good table wine. Be prepared to pay $$$$$ though; most are very over priced. The servers also don't understand much about these wines - at one restaurant they brought us 4 different bottles until they finally found the one we had ordered. If you enjoy wine with your meal, it is worth it to order from the wine lists. BTW, we have only found this available at 5* resorts. Anything else and your stuck with the local plonk. Hope this helps!

Ajax, Canada
reviews: 3
9. Re: Majestic Elegance - Premium Liquor

You don't have to tip well to get the premium alcohol, you just ask for it, and they gladly give it to you, they are all very nice whether you tip or not.

I'm not saying don't tip, cause they really do deserve the tips. but don't feel like your obligated to tip everytime you want a drink, if you ask for a premium drink, they will give it to you without obligation, thats the way they are, just genuinely nice.

wv
reviews: 2
10. Re: Majestic Elegance - Premium Liquor

well I like my wine - but am not hard to please. Any decent wine ($10-15 bottle) satisfies me fine. I'm a member of 2 different wine clubs and have not met a wine I didn't like lol! I'll let people know when I do my review if its really bad. If I don't like it - its REALLY bad lol!

20 more days woohoo!!!