We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Breezes - renovations?

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
an igloo
Breezes - renovations?

Just heard from my travel agent that there are reno's going on there now...anyone been recently and know if this is true? If so, what is being renovated?

an igloo
11. Re: Breezes - renovations?

really knj?

Can you be a bit more specific pls?

Nova Scotia
reviews: 1
12. Re: Breezes - renovations?

knj,

One liners like that do little to assist your fellow travellers and lead some to question whether it is meant to be informative or just provocative. If you expand on your one liner it will be helpful to many more than it is right now, IMHO.

Gregg

Rotherham England
13. Re: Breezes - renovations?

sorry everyone I apologise. We went here last year and loved it so much we took our friends this year. It has been run down, doors broken, musty rooms, no beautiful displays as there was last year less places to sit, it all seems to be run by someone diffeent now If I went for the 1st time this year i would not return. p.s though no sickness like a lot of other reports. If you want more just ask. And once again sorry..

Nova Scotia
14. Re: Breezes - renovations?

Thanks knj for the extra info. It is much easier now to see what you meant.

Thanks again.

Gregg

Rotherham England
15. Re: Breezes - renovations?

can you tell me if it is under new management or not. There seems to be a massive change in just 12 months, apart from the workers they are still the most hardworking lovely happy people I have ever met. Thanks to them we had a great time, pity our money doesnt go to them but to the company who have cut so many corners ut not the price.

Nova Scotia
16. Re: Breezes - renovations?

All I can say is that last fall they received a new General Manager who had previously been managing Breezes Costa Verde, Guardalavaca (Cuba) and was Director of Operations of the 4 SuperClubs Hotels in Cuba. Most of the key mid-management people are almost the same as last year.

Gregg

an igloo
17. Re: Breezes - renovations?

also, please keep in mind that they were heavily damaged by Hurricane Jeanne last September. In fact (and Gregg, please correct me if I'm wrong), Breezes took the longest to reopen after all the hurricane damage was assesed (Dec.) When we were there, the guests at Secrets were being evacuated by army helicopters. Yet they reopened two weeks later.

Breezes took almost 4 months to reopen so the damage was extensive....

I'll be doing a comparison - since I'll be there in a few days. Although all I'm really interested in that beautiful beach.....

Rotherham England
18. Re: Breezes - renovations?

you will have a good time the beach is just the best ever the golden sand and the sooooo blue clear water is superb. have a good time we did I was just comparing it to last year thats all.

Rotherham England
19. Re: Breezes - renovations?

But the renovations are complete and no more are planned thats what I am saying they need to pull there finger out.