We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What does anyone know about the RIU resorts?

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Omaha, NE
reviews: 39
What does anyone know about the RIU resorts?

Good, bad, great?!? Any info would be great. Also- which one to stay at and why if you do receommend it. Thanks!!

Ohio
reviews: 1
1. Re: What does anyone know about the RIU resorts?

Hi! We stayed at the Riu Bambu in April and absolutely loved the place. The staff at the Riu's go above and beyond to make you happy. Depending on what type of trip you are looking for as to which resort you stay at. The Bambu has a lot more activity than the Palace but the nice thing about the Riu's is that you can stay at one but use the facilities at the others (excluding palace). Both the Bambu and Taino have swim-up pool bars too. I will be happy to answer any other questions you have.

NJ
2. Re: What does anyone know about the RIU resorts?

I've never been, but I hear they have alcohol dispensers coming out of the walls!!! Bottoms up!!

london,Canada
reviews: 24
3. Re: What does anyone know about the RIU resorts?

We've stayed at the Rius in POP but we know several people who stayed at the Rius in Punta Cana. They stayed at the Naiboa only because it was more affordable and really enjoyed it. As was mentioned in the previous post you can go to the others during the day, use their facilities and eat breakfast or lunch, you do have to have supper at your own resort and then you can go to one of the others for the evening show if you don't want to see what is at yours that night.

Toronto
4. Re: What does anyone know about the RIU resorts?

By far the best resorts in the DR!!!!! Again, depending on what you want from your vacation...lots of activities, great location and beach, good food, excellent disco...and the list goes on!

Also, the pay at one, play at 4 gives one some variety on their vacation. Taino is my number 1 favourite, with Bambu a close second. The Naiboa is fine...for the amount of time one spends in their room, it is definately adequate unless it is a special occasion, so if the price is right, it is OK to save a buck! I have stayed in the Melao too, and this also is perfect.

This resort also boasts the best crew of staff all round, happy, smiling and friendly 24/7.

The rooms have a selection of alcohol in dispensers and a mini bar that is stocked daily with pop and beer.

Go with an open mind and a good attitude and you are sure to have the time of your life!

San Jose, California
reviews: 107
5. Re: What does anyone know about the RIU resorts?

We are going to DR, Bavarro Princess soon - but it was a tough decision v. Riu. There is only ONE reason we did not choose the Riu complex - because we just did Riu in Playa Del Carmen and wanted to try a different hotel chain. You will not be disappointed by a RIU resort. First class all the way! On that note - we also loved Iberostars and Grand Occidental too! Good luck deciding!