We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day trips for Sunscape The Beach, Punta Cana

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ontario, Canada
Day trips for Sunscape The Beach, Punta Cana

Hello. I'm travelling to Sunscape The Beach Sept. 10 and was wondering what day trips are available, how much they cost and whether they are worthwhile. There are a few I've heard about, such as Manatee Park and the Seafari and Saona Island. Are there any jeep tours or cave walks? Nobody really posts prices or anything - how's a girl expected to save the money if she doesn't know what the costs are?? :-) I'm very excited to be going to this resort. It looks like a very relaxing place, with just about everything you need right on the property. And more input on yummy drinks too please! :-)

Thanks to Bobby for the info on the rooms and buildings - that's great to know.

Punta Cana
1. Re: Day trips for Sunscape The Beach, Punta Cana

Hi there

You would love the Bavaro Runners Jeep Safari - it's about U$80 per person but you get everything, - stop at a sugarcane plantation - visit to a cigar factory -then to local's house, taste local fruits & coffee - then horse riding on the beach after lunch - it's non-stop fun with a terrific guide who is very knowledgeable & funny too - great day out - just remember Bavaro Runners ... bb

Ontario, Canada
2. Re: Day trips for Sunscape The Beach, Punta Cana

Thanks for the tip :-). I also wanted to ask, should I take US money or Cdn money - does it really matter?

Ontario
reviews: 1
3. Re: Day trips for Sunscape The Beach, Punta Cana

Hi Lara, I also live in Ontario and myself , husband and another couple are also travelling to Sunscape the beach on Sept.10.

WHo are you travelling with?? friends, husband , family??? Also who did you book with??

Tina K

Ontario, Canada
4. Re: Day trips for Sunscape The Beach, Punta Cana

Hi Tina - I'm travelling with friends. We booked through Sunwing and we're all looking forward to what appears to be a terrific vacation.

Toronto
5. Re: Day trips for Sunscape The Beach, Punta Cana

Both CAD$ and US$ can be exchanged for pesos in DR! Not sure what the current rate of exchange is ...late May I got 18/19 pesos for CAD$1 and about 28 for a US$1. Stick to pesos while you are there, if you pay in US currency, you might get taken on the exchange...and just change as you need cuz pesos cant be coverted back into dollars (CAD or US) before departure!!!!

Toronto
6. Re: Day trips for Sunscape The Beach, Punta Cana

Oh yes, Saona is an unbelievable excursion but from the Bavaro area, it is close to 2 hours just to get to the harbour in La Romana, and then 45 minutes by speed boat to get out to the island....so definately an all day outing....but well worth it. Coco tours offer this excursion but I was not staying in Bavaro at that time so I am not sure if it is offered now in the low season.

OK, just checked the Coco tours website (not sure if it is up to date info!!!!) but they advertise it as being offered on Wednesdays and Sundays for USD$75, excellent price!

They make a short stop at Altos de Chavon first which is interesting, a replica of a 15th century artists village ( I think most excursion comps. make this stop ). Dont, whatever you do, book from someone on the beach because it is cheaper...the reps in the hotels will sell you an excursion with a reputable company...I would stick with Coco tours tho, well run and good guides!

Ontario, Canada
7. Re: Day trips for Sunscape The Beach, Punta Cana

Thanks fo rthe info - does Coco Tours also offer a lobster lunch for an extra $10?