We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in April???

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Niagara-on-the-Lake...
reviews: 7
Weather in April???

Can anyone tell me what the weather is usually like mid-Apirl in Punta Cana? We are staying at the Melia Caribe Tropical from April 13th to 20th. I heard the rainy-humid season starts in May!

Niagara-on-the-Lake...
1. Re: Weather in April???

bump

Kelowna, Canada
reviews: 8
2. Re: Weather in April???

There is always chance of rain but average temp the time of year is 28 degrees celcius in day. It does get hotter and more humid starting May.

Here is some information:

Punta Cana weather in April

For the month of April you can expect the temperature to be quite warm ranging from 28ºC (83ºF) in the middle of the day to 22ºC (72ºF) during the latest hours of the night. Remember since humidity picks up when there is rainy season you can expect to feel the temperature even higher than what the thermometer indicates. You can expect the UV index to be quite high (11) for the next couple of months so using sun block in this vacation spot is pretty much essential. The rainfall in the area starts picking up in this month with an average rainfall of 3.0 inches. While there is no real threat of tropical storms in this month the beginning of raining season is what you will most likely encounter. The temperature in the surface of the sea will be 26ºC (80ºF).

Niagara-on-the-Lake...
3. Re: Weather in April???

That`s awesome, thanks so much! Hopefully it won`t rain too much! Are u going back to Punta Cana this year

Sarnia, Ontario
reviews: 5
4. Re: Weather in April???

It is always hot in the DR with a chance of rain anytime. Enjoy your trip.

Tracadie-Sheila, NB
reviews: 9
5. Re: Weather in April???

We were in PC last april for a week and it rained almost every day, in the morning til 10, and also in the afternoon, and at night of course... When it was not raining, it was very cloudy temperature. We only had 2 days without showers, so I guess, we were not lucky... We booked this year again, on the same dates (april 20-27) and are telling ourselves that it can't be worse than last year!!!

Good luck!!

Nova Scotia
reviews: 15
6. Re: Weather in April???

We were in Punta Cana in April two years ago and it rained for about an hour one morning.

Don't go by the weather network reports because they called for rain EVERY day we were there.

Michigan
reviews: 52
7. Re: Weather in April???

We are going from Apr. 27 to May 4th. Is it normal for it to rain frequently but for short periods and then clear up?

Niagara-on-the-Lake...
8. Re: Weather in April???

I guess you really never can tell what it will be like ;) I'm sure it will be fun, rain or shine! I'm still hoping for lots of shine though...

Kelowna, Canada
reviews: 8
9. Re: Weather in April???

Travelmom,

Yes i think we may go end of April/May for two weeks back to the Melia. it was fabulous. Yes, weather is always unpredictable. I was there in march last year for one week and we had a couple days of of rain. However, i have travelled in January before with terrible weather. For the most part, we luck out no matter when we go.Good luck.

10. Re: Weather in April???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:15 pm, September 21, 2009