We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunscape the Beach Questions for Trip in July

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New Jersey
Sunscape the Beach Questions for Trip in July

my wife and two children, ages 10 and 7, are travelling to STB on july 8th for 1 week. i am over all my trepidations regarding malaria and mosquitos and bad food and all that nonsense. now i am just woried about a Hurricane!! just kidding. since we are less than a month away, i wanted to ask those Forum-ers who have been to STB what building they prefered to be staying in.. my initial impulse is to want to be near the beach, but those pooloside rooms look awesome. if anyone has a Building number they like, please let me know. also, did anyone have any particular feeling about what floor to be on? any other ideas about getting around down at the Resort would be great. one more thing: does anyone have an effective e-mail address for the Resort?? i would like to request a building/floor before we get down there....thanks for all your help.. this Forum has been a tremendous help in the past with our trips to Cancun, PDR and now the DR!!

New York
reviews: 1
1. Re: Sunscape the Beach Questions for Trip in July

Hello Dom126....Here is a map of Sunscape The Beach:

photos2.flickr.com/3313649_e5eb964d82_o.jpg

We were there May 21-29 and had a good time....We were in Building 6 3rd Floor with a view of the ocean in a distance....

Building 1 and 6 are closest to the beach but farthest from the main lobby area.....There is some walking to do no matter what building you are in....As far as an email address, I emailed the address they have on their website....I did not get an email back before I went however they gave me the room I requested after I nicely told them about the email I had sent prior to my arrival....When I was there, I went to the internet cafe to check some emails and email home to let my parents know I was okay and Sunscape had emailed me back saying they would try to accomodate my request.....I hope this info is helpful....If you have any other questions feel free to email me at crzem@optonline.net....Just put sunscape in the subject so I don't delete it....

Michele

Pittsburgh
2. Re: Sunscape the Beach Questions for Trip in July

My husband and I stayed in building four and our friends were in building three. Both of these buildings are on the pool side, but we were on the second and third floors. We had no complaints about our rooms, which were situated in the middle and about halfway to everything.

One note though, I do not think I would want a first floor room, as people coming back to their rooms late at night (and some early in the morning), are not that quiet and are walking right by your rooms on the way to theirs.

Hope you have an awesome time, we certainly did!!

Loveland
reviews: 2
3. Re: Sunscape the Beach Questions for Trip in July

We were in building #1 and just loved it!! It was close to the beach.......and our room (1106) was just steps from our patio to the pool!! We were on the first floor! It was so close to the swim-up bar, too! It was a nice long walk to the lobby, though! We only went there in the evenings anyway so that was ok with us! If you want to do the breakfast buffet, the walk isn't too bad early in the morning to the lobby area! Sorry, I don't have an effective e-mail address for the Beach. They never have answered any of mine!!! But.............I wouldn't hold this against them.........This resort is so AWESOME!! The staff is very friendly and helpful. We'll be going back again yet this summer...............it is really that wonderful!!!

loveallinclusives!

Stewartstown, Pa
4. Re: Sunscape the Beach Questions for Trip in July

I found jcarrasco@sunscapethebeach.com.do - don't know if it works, but good luck!

New Jersey
5. Re: Sunscape the Beach Questions for Trip in July

bobby, i e-mailed jose. just thought i would tell you that he e-mailed me back in less than an HOUR!! i couldn't believe it!! he gave me a name and told me that that person would handle my request "according to the details of my reservation..." i am shocked and pleased that someone/anyone even responded. anyone who needs to contact STB shoudl use that e-mail address!!