We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just returned yesterday from Bahia Principe Punta Cana!!!!

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Canada
Just returned yesterday from Bahia Principe Punta Cana!!!!

It was amazing! And yes, the CLub GOlden was well worth it.Any questions, just ask!

Calgary, AB
reviews: 1
1. Re: Just returned yesterday from Bahia Principe Punta Cana!!!!

Hi Dexter007

We're off to the Bahia Golden Club on Thursday - I'm not sure what to ask but I'd love to know exactly what the Golden Club is all about exactly, what's included, what's the best building to stay in (and the worst, if you know).

Also, what is the water like at the beach? Is the water rocky, weedy or sandy? Water rough or calm?

I would appreciate any and all details, as I'm sure others on this list would!!

Thanks,

ldarcy

Alberta, Canada
reviews: 6
2. Re: Just returned yesterday from Bahia Principe Punta Cana!!!!

How casual are ppl dressed at night, we like to dress up a bit but don't want to be overdressed. Tell all!

rocky hill, ct
3. Re: Just returned yesterday from Bahia Principe Punta Cana!!!!

By any chance did you check out the Mini Club?

Calgary, AB
4. Re: Just returned yesterday from Bahia Principe Punta Cana!!!!

Hi again!

One more thing - what's the weather like in the evening? Do we need jackets or sweaters during or after dinner?

Thanks again!!

Calgary
5. Re: Just returned yesterday from Bahia Principe Punta Cana!!!!

Hey we are leaving for Bahia Pricipe on Thursday from Calgary as welll! That is really cool.

Alberta, Canada
reviews: 6
6. Re: Just returned yesterday from Bahia Principe Punta Cana!!!!

cool,iknow another couple from Calgary that are leaving Thursday too!

phila area, pa
reviews: 57
7. Re: Just returned yesterday from Bahia Principe Punta Cana!!!!

yes! me too! i'd love to hear your reviews on this resort!

food....staff's attitude.....pool complex (big)? .....ocean view rooms? what is golden club? what are the main advantages to it? thinking of staying here. thanks!

Edmonton
reviews: 2
8. Re: Just returned yesterday from Bahia Principe Punta Cana!!!!

We are two couples from Edmonton that got back two weeks ago. Golden Club is worth it, we payed very little extra but were sure glad that we got it! Beach towels in your room is nice, no card to exchange or towels to keep track of, room service, some say is too slow...in the morning yes why wait, but at night when watching a movie....I can wait 30 minutes!

Resort is beautiful, brand new. Rooms are VERY nice and clean. No real "nightlife" at the resort at all. Who cares, after a big breakfast and a long day at the pool and beach, followed by a shower and a nice sit down dinner......fart sack time.

Everyone has a differnt opinion on the restaurants, two tips....don't overdress...many people are pretty casual (pants for men) but that's it, and two....don't expect The Keg. Food is good and you have to keep in mind where you are. The staff think we are millionares, so to critize the food is akin to being pompous. It's totally edible. No real concerns at all, relax.

One last tip....hopefully not too many people read this and ruin it.....skip the "transfer" to the resort. A cab is $24, gets you there at least 15 minutes quicker, you get checked in without any lineup or wait at all! we were checked in and unpacked, sipping a cool drink in the lobby

Edmonton
reviews: 2
9. Re: Just returned yesterday from Bahia Principe Punta Cana!!!!

We are two couples from Edmonton that got back two weeks ago. Golden Club is worth it, we payed very little extra but were sure glad that we got it! Beach towels in your room is nice, no card to exchange or towels to keep track of, room service, some say is too slow...in the morning yes why wait, but at night when watching a movie....I can wait 30 minutes!

Resort is beautiful, brand new. Rooms are VERY nice and clean. No real "nightlife" at the resort at all. Who cares, after a big breakfast and a long day at the pool and beach, followed by a shower and a nice sit down dinner......fart sack time.

Everyone has a differnt opinion on the restaurants, two tips....don't overdress...many people are pretty casual (pants for men) but that's it, and two....don't expect The Keg. Food is good and you have to keep in mind where you are. The staff think we are millionares, so to critize the food is akin to being pompous. It's totally edible. No real concerns at all, relax.

One last tip....hopefully not too many people read this and ruin it.....skip the "transfer" to the resort. A cab is $24, gets you there at least 15 minutes quicker, you get checked in without any lineup or wait at all! we were checked in and unpacked, sipping a cool drink in the lobby bar watching the busload of tired travellers fight for position in the check up line.....all for $24 that we split between two couples. BEST $12 I ever spent.

Try it! I will be in Calgary on Thursday doing Sales Calls, and I will be thinking of each and every one of you "lucky" buggers.

Have fun!

Calgary, AB
10. Re: Just returned yesterday from Bahia Principe Punta Cana!!!!

GolfNut - thanks for the info, I'm leaving in 2 days and every little bit if info is really appreciated. Dexter007 - are you still out there? Any more to add? Thanks!