We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Punta Cana Airport

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
NC
reviews: 1
Punta Cana Airport

Any advise about arriving at this airport? We went to a similar small airport in Costa Rica, coming in was easy - no customs or suitcase checks - just supraficially, but outbound we found out that they had NO way to inspect the bags and every single piece was hand picked thru - it took 2 hours for 1 plane full of people. There were all kinds of things being pulled out - mainly aerosol cans etc - but no souveniers taken or customs porblems - please advise anyone

Edmonton
21. Re: Punta Cana Airport

The new air conditioned "swanky" area is the departures terminal. It seemed to still be quite new as there was still some construction going on. There are two duty free shops, a jewellery place, and I think a Tommy Hilfiger shop (or some designer, was too tired to really pay attention.) If you want to bring back booze (aside from local rum) the duty free is very cheap. I got two one litre bottles of Tia Maria and Captain Morgan Parrot Bay for well less than half what I would pay at home.