We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather Punta Cana

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
texas
Weather Punta Cana

Has anyone been to the Dominican and checked the weather on websites before they left and it said that it was going to be raining the entire time that you are there? I dont know if it rains all of the time there or not... Does it just say that beacause of the tropical climate? It shows that it is going to be raining the entire time I am going to be on vacation....Any help would be great. Thanks.

On., Canada
reviews: 2
1. Re: Weather Punta Cana

Just returned & I too was nervous of the weather becasue of the weather reports I saw on here, so much so that I even took an umbrella. Guess what....it was absolutely beautiful. We had 1 day where it clouded over around noon for the rest of the day but was still warm. I would say don't worry too much.

texas
2. Re: Weather Punta Cana

thank you. That eases my mind a lot....

new york
3. Re: Weather Punta Cana

mine too!!!

Waterford, Michigan
4. Re: Weather Punta Cana

Don't worry. Just returned from Grand Flamenco Punta Cana 4/30 - 5/7. Weather was absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It rained one day for maybe 10 minutes and that was extremely refreshing. A nice break from the extreme sun ALL DAY!!!!!!!! It averaged 86 and SUNNY every day of our 8 days there. Bring lots of sunscreen in all protections. You will want to use 40- 50 on tender spots the first few days then switch to something less. We got burned on our shoulders the first full day of sun and now I'm peeling Yuk, not too attractive.

Enjoy your trip.

Pennsylvania
5. Re: Weather Punta Cana

I'm going down on Thursday, and I'm trying to ignore the awful weather reports. I also keep searching the web for another weather site that contradicts everything I'm seeing. (No such luck, though). To hear other people talk, though, even if they show rain everyday on the weather site, the storms just kind of blow in and blow out real quick and the rest of the day is sunny and hot. That's what I'm counting on and praying for...Too bad trip insurance doesn't cover weather! I'm bringing two teenagers down with me, and it'll be an absolute nightmare if it rains constantly!

Pennsylvania
6. Re: Weather Punta Cana

I forgot to include this site - this should make you feel better. It's a reporting of each day's weather by someone who lives in Punta Cana. It certainly doesn't sound as forbidding as the weather reports do!

www.dr1.com/forums/showthread.php…

Canada
reviews: 3
7. Re: Weather Punta Cana

HOT HOT HOT

weather.com said I would have rain all week. May 1 to May 8. Nothing but sun until Saturday when it was slightly cloudy in the afternoon but believe me, the clouds were welcome because it cooled off slightly.

4 drops while we were shopping and that is it for rain.

Oh wait, apparently there was a sprinkle while we were in the outdoor theatre watching a show because we walked out and the ground was a little wet. We didn't even notice it.