We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunscape the beach or Riu Bambu

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Nottingham, England
Sunscape the beach or Riu Bambu

Really don't know which hotel to chose. Am travelling with husband and two children aged four and 16 months. Do like nice hotels and a nice meal at night but also something for the eldest child. Can anyone advise on these hotels please.

bolton england
reviews: 6
1. Re: Sunscape the beach or Riu Bambu

after going to dom rep for over twelve years to various hotels both north, south and east of the isle.i rate sunscape the beach as no.1,

as for the kids, they could`t be looked after anywhere better.

the ocean is not that good for kids paddling, etc. but the pool is massive and only 3ft. deep anywhere.

the downside prob is the hour and half trip from the airport after a long flight, but once there, worth the journey,food and service excellant.

enjoy.

Ohio
reviews: 1
2. Re: Sunscape the beach or Riu Bambu

Sunscape The Beach is your better choice. The food at the Riu is not very good. Sunscape The Beach also has a wonderful Explorer's Club that your 4 year old will enjoy...pirate ship to play on, huge playground, water slide in a shallow pool, and activities with an awesome staff. There is also an area at the buffet restaurant (World Cafe) that is at a height that your 4 year old can reach. The food is better than most of the all inclusive resorts we have been to. The ride to the resort is approximately 60 minutes...worth it for the seclusion of the resort.

Brenda :~)

Baltimore, Maryland
reviews: 4
3. Re: Sunscape the beach or Riu Bambu

Hi there JAMNottingham!

My vote goes for STB also!

Here is a link to my photoshows so you can check out the Explorers Club, the beach and pool and more...a little virtual tour with music and captions too!

…comcast.net/maryweil/sunscape_the_beach_ano…

Hope you enjoy!, Please check you PM as I have sent you one.

I also have the Spa Menu and Tour info if you would like them you can reach me at

baltobabe@comcast.net

all the best,

bb/mt

London, Ontario
4. Re: Sunscape the beach or Riu Bambu

I'm sorry to disagree with Dreaming of Dreams, but the food at the RIU is top quality.

I have been to a few RIU's and the food in the DR is fantastic, from breakfast to dinner.

I'm not speaking of once or twice to the caribbean, I've been there once or twice a year over the past 20 years.We're going back to PC again as everything is memorable.

p.s. I"ve stayed at everything from a 3* in Cuba to a Sandals resort in Jamaica as well as 6 times to various resorts in Mexico, add St. Maarten twice and a few others. RIU's are fantastic.

Enjoy your vacation.

Pittsburgh
reviews: 22
5. Re: Sunscape the beach or Riu Bambu

Food at all-inclusives will not be great food anywhere you go and tastes vary quite a bit. STB has many a-la-cartes with no reservations required so you can decide that night where to eat. The food is good, tasty but not great. You will always find some things you love and some you will not. Lots of stuff for kids . The Explorers Club looks like a resort within a resort. Most of all the management and staff there are better than any all-inclusives I have been to(over 20 A/I trips). My personal choice would be STB over a Riu.

USA
reviews: 24
6. Re: Sunscape the beach or Riu Bambu

I Jamn...I can't toss a vote out there for the Sunscape...but I have stayed at the Riu Bambu and found it to be Nice (not upscale...) but nice as you said that is what you were looking for....the food was a wide variety and always served hot on the buffets and the beach ...wonderfullllllllllllll. I can't say how much or how good the Kids club is but they did seem to be very active!

Either way!! Have a great time!! Mary

7. Re: Sunscape the beach or Riu Bambu

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:31 am, August 29, 2009