We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dolphin Swim

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Virginia Beach
Dolphin Swim

Does anyone know if you need to book this in advance or is this something you can arrange same day? Thanks

Mississauga
reviews: 1
1. Re: Dolphin Swim

Once you are at the hotel you will be able to book this with your Tour Rep. on specific days. This should not be booked the same day as you leave early in the A.M.

Virginia Beach
2. Re: Dolphin Swim

Thank you for the tip!

Nova Scotia
3. Re: Dolphin Swim

Before you commit to this please take a minute to consider the animals.

In the Punta Cana area there are two dolphin facilities (Manati Park and Dolphin Island) but they are both owned and operated by the same company and individual which has been widely criticized for their treatment of the animals.

Please do a search on this site of Manati Park and see what people say and also do a Google search of the internet for "manati park cruelty" and see what pops up...

then consider if you really want to give your money to this company and individual.

Thank you.

Gregg

Calgary, Canada
reviews: 11
4. Re: Dolphin Swim

Gregg, Thanks ever so much on the heads up on Manati Park, I will NOT go and support this cruel "adventure"

England
reviews: 2
5. Re: Dolphin Swim

Here we go again!!!!!!!!!!

Before posting about dolphins do a search, saves all the animal rights protesters having to repeat themselves.

Nova Scotia
6. Re: Dolphin Swim

I do not consider myself an animal rights protester in any way, shape or form but I do abhor what I consider to be abuse of animals. On the other hand, if you read my posts you will already know that I am a big supporter of Ocean World in Cofresi on the North Coast where, IMHO the animals are treated with kindness, and respect and their habitats are well suited to their overall well being.

By the very nature of their track record Ocean World has received very little criticism except from those who may be against dolphins under human care, in principle, and while I respect their position and insist they have a right to it - I choose to be of another opinion as long as the captivity is humane and not cruel. I have seen all areas of Ocean World and can find no fault with any of their practices and procedures. Their first and only concern is for the well-being of the animals.

Gregg

Ohio
7. Re: Dolphin Swim

Gregg: Well Said!

RobDozier: Please do not give even $1 dollar to the owners of Manati Park and/or Dolphin Island.

Brenda :~)

8. Re: Dolphin Swim

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 pm, August 22, 2009