We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bayahibe or Punta Cana?

Which La Romana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Los Angeles...
Bayahibe or Punta Cana?

It is my 1st time visiting the DR. I am going 8/25. Currently I have a reservation at Grand Bahia Principe La Romana, but I have not read too many good things about the food, beach, etc so I am looking to stay elsewhere.

I heard Bayahibe has nicer beaches and more of that Carribean feel since the water is a bit more calm. It seems like there is more to do in terms of sightseeing and trips in Bayahibe as well.

The thing I read about Punta Cana is that it is newer so the rooms, service, and food are better.

UGH!! At a total loss.

Bayahibe

Looking at the Dreams or Iberostar

Punta Cana

Dreams, Now Larimar, Majestic, Barcelo.

Please HELP. So many choices and I'm sure they are all nice one way or another.

***ANY SUGGESTIONS, INSIGHT OR JUST PLAIN HELP WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED.

6 replies to this topic
southampton uk
reviews: 2
1. Re: Bayahibe or Punta Cana?

Dream's @ bayahibe does it for me, been twice. First when it was casa del mar & later in 2010 when Dream's, beautiful beach warm water, lovely pools & Bars, restaurant's, hide a bike for a few hours & went for ride with guide, great fun Would love to go again soon. Brian

Stephens City...
reviews: 1
2. Re: Bayahibe or Punta Cana?

Iberostar Hacienda Dominicus in Bayahibe I would strongly reccommend. Been there 3 times and going back again next year. By far my favorite resort of all time!!!

Los Angeles...
3. Re: Bayahibe or Punta Cana?

Picked Dreams!! We'll see how it goes. Be there next week. Can't Wait!

Winthrop, Maine
reviews: 2
4. Re: Bayahibe or Punta Cana?

Hola: You picked a winner!!! We go back in November for our 6th time!!!!! Go relax, take a walk into town and grab a Presidente at the local mercado. Snorkel right off the beach and pier. You will love it.

Mike & Cyndie - The Maineacs

Punta Cana...
reviews: 12
5. Re: Bayahibe or Punta Cana?

I have never been to the Dreams in Bayahibe, but I stayed at the Catalonia there and would definitely choose Punta Cana over that if judging only on the beach. I did not like the beach in that particular part of Bayahibe at all....I hope the beach, etc. at the Dreams is a lot better and that you have a wonderful vacation. Looking at Google Maps, it looks like the resort is in the middle of nowhere, so there might not be much (if anything) to do off property.......

Townsend, MA
Destination Expert
for Curacao
reviews: 78
6. Re: Bayahibe or Punta Cana?

I have been to Catalonia Royal Bavaro, Hard Rock and Paradisus in Punta Cana

and to Dreams La Romana. I would not return to Punta Cana - no snorkeling to speak of, airport a real hassle both coming and going, felt unsafe off the resort.

La Romana airport is a breeze. Dreams La Romana was a super resort - many restaurants with good food, no reservation, no wristbands, safe to walk into Bayahibe. I would go back there, absolutely.

Reply to: Bayahibe or Punta Cana?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted