We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for a quiet beach.......LaRomana

Which La Romana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Raleigh, North...
reviews: 13
Looking for a quiet beach.......LaRomana

Dear Trip Advisor travelers and travel experts,

I will be going to Dreams LaRomana in the Fall. I will be traveling with a 7 year old. We love the beach. Can anyone recommend a quiet beach with calm water and possibly a beach bar to go to in the LaRomama area that is away from the hotel and crowds, which also does not require a boat to get to? I'd like to find a nice beach to gain a few moments of serenity. We are planning to go to Sanoa Island one day, and I am debating going to Catalina island. I've gotten the impression that Catalina is very touristy. We are not into that. Any suggestions are welcome, and as always, thank you in advance :)

Beth

Bayahibe, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Bayahibe, La Romana
reviews: 14
1. Re: Looking for a quiet beach.......LaRomana

Either you can go to a quiet beach (called Magallanes at the end of Bayahibe village), but no bar, no chairs, or you can sit at a bar, but there won't be a quiet beach around :)

If you want a quiet place neither Saona nor Catalina are. The most quiet is Catalinita, the furthest island in the area (my favorite), not too many people go there, the boat ride is about 90 minutes. BUT it's close to the Atlantic ocean so not always easy and calm boat ride.

The beach in front of Dreams as nice, water calm, if you don't want to be with the rest of the guests on the resort beach, you go to the public beach just beside it, it's most of the time empty (except weekends), so you can enjoy the tranquility there. Further you go, more quiet it gets of course. If you continue walking further you will get to the village. You can see some pictures in this album

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/…

Denise

Raleigh, North...
reviews: 13
2. Re: Looking for a quiet beach.......LaRomana

Hi Denise,

Thank you for responding to several of the DR questions I have posted. I really appreciate it. I looked at your photos and they were lovely. I am excited about our trip. Have a great day :

Beth

Vancouver
reviews: 1
3. Re: Looking for a quiet beach.......LaRomana

Is La Romana, the area, and Bayahibe is the village close to it? I am confused?

Thank you

Bayahibe, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Bayahibe, La Romana
4. Re: Looking for a quiet beach.......LaRomana

La Romana is the 3rd largest city in Dominican Republic and it is also a capital of La Romana province. Bayahibe is a small village about 15 minutes east of La Romana.

The Dreams La Romana Resort is actually located in Bayahibe village (Altagracia province). It is confusing, but I guess when they named the resorts they thought La Romana would be better because it's known more than Bayahibe.

Denise

Vancouver
reviews: 1
5. Re: Looking for a quiet beach.......LaRomana

Thank you. So could you help me with some questions I had? Which region of Dominican Repub. Has white sandy beaches and turquoise blue water? Which region would be ideal to take a 12year old without it being overall touristy and crowded?

Thank you

Bayahibe, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Bayahibe, La Romana
6. Re: Looking for a quiet beach.......LaRomana

HA - a good question :)

The longest white sandy beaches are in Punta Cana area, 35 miles of a beautiful beach with thousands of tourists in many All inclusive resorts there. It is the Atlantic coast so the water might be rough sometimes.

Nice white sandy beaches with the beautiful turquoise calm Caribbean sea is in Bayahibe area. You can see the live web cam from the village at http://bayahibewebcam.com/

Look at the resorts here discoverbayahibe.com/your-dominican-holiday-…

Not too many people know that most of the coast in Dominican republic is by the Atlantic Ocean, just the south is Caribbean. The north coast is nice too, different feel than here on the south, beautiful beaches too, the sand is either yellow or grayish, the nature is more lush because it rains there more.

Good luck in choosing the right location

Denise

Bayahibe, Dominican...
7. Re: Looking for a quiet beach.......LaRomana

There are some wild white beaches at Saona that no one goes there.

You will need to take a private tour to get that piece of quiet

8. Re: Looking for a quiet beach.......LaRomana

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, yesterday