We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Snorkelling from beach in Bayahibe area...

Which La Romana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dublin, Ohio
reviews: 8
Snorkelling from beach in Bayahibe area...

I'm interested in finding out where along the resort beach areas might have the best snorkelling. We have our own gear and don't mind getting into deeper waters as well. (I enjoy freediving). I've read about Saona and Catalina, but I've read next to nothing from the "off the beach" reefs and snorkel areas. My wife and I are staying at Coral Canoa (which I hear is next to the National Park on one side). I'd be interested in any info from any area off the shore from the National Park all the way into the town of Bayahibe. If you can help me out I'd appreciate it. Thanks in advance,

Peter

DE
reviews: 1
21. Re: Snorkelling from beach in Bayahibe area...

Bayahibe faces two bays. The north end of Bayahibe shares a big, sweeping bay with Casa del Mar, with about the southern third being public beach and a hauling-out area and the northern two thirds being Casa del Mar's beach. ... their property actually runs another 1/4 mile or so north of the pier, but there's no water access.

Charlotte, N.C.
22. Re: Snorkelling from beach in Bayahibe area...

Thanks again guys!

We would like to go snorkeling in front of Casa del Mar.

Now I know which direction- is it walking distance (on the beach) from Canoa Coral? Sorry, I'm just trying to get my bearings. Thanks for all your help.

DE
reviews: 1
23. Re: Snorkelling from beach in Bayahibe area...

AnxiousTraveler....

Nowhere near walking distance... sad to say. By boat, it's probably 4-5 miles, but you can't walk there on the beach. You can walk north along the beach as far as the north end of the Dominicus Beach resort (and I encourage you to do that) but private property bars the way (as well as some diffficult terrain) from there to Bayahibe... another mile or two.

You could cab into Bayahibe and walk from the north end of town to the CdM beach.... probably a mile. You could also find a snorkeling tour to "Bayahibe reef", which several providers run.

An alternative is to walk (several miles) to the small patch reefs in front of the Dominicus Beach.

EastToronto
24. Re: Snorkelling from beach in Bayahibe area...

Hey strike systems my husband and i were at casa delmar, we loved the snorkeling just off the beach, and to the left just swim along, lots to see.

Charlotte, N.C.
25. Re: Snorkelling from beach in Bayahibe area...

Thanks again Surfindad!

Been off a couple days- Our dog had to have emergency surgery- bad weekend - even more anxious to get to the beach!!!!!! We will try snokeling in front of the Dominicus before paying for an excursion. Thanks again!