We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

dominican republic weather in september

Which La Romana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
birmingham
reviews: 4
dominican republic weather in september

can anyone tell me what the weather is like mid september thinking of going to la romana

thanks

sarah

24 replies to this topic
New York City, New...
11. Re: dominican republic weather in september

Thank you very much for your prompt reply! :)

I guess if it rains on and off .. and we could still go for a swim ... it'll do!!

Have a pleasant day!

Bayahibe, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Bayahibe, La Romana
reviews: 14
12. Re: dominican republic weather in september

Some guests at the resort were in the pool even during the rain caused by Irene :)

Have a great flight and see you around the village

Denise

Atlanta, Georgia
13. Re: dominican republic weather in september

We are planning for a trip to La Ramona in Oct 2012, how is the weather during first week of Oct ? Do we need to worry about hurricane or heavy rains ? Thanks

Bayahibe, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Bayahibe, La Romana
14. Re: dominican republic weather in september

The official hurricane season is from June 1 till November 30. According to the experts this year should be more quiet then last year, but of course nobody can tell you exactly when (if) we have any storms or hurricanes.

Usually October is the most active period of the hurricane season, so we might get a shower or two.

If you use Facebook, go to my page Discover Bayahibe, I post daily weather updates for Bayahibe / Dominicus area. On the time line click on year 2011 and then October and see how the weather was last October. You will see we had a mix of sunny and hot days with some showers here and there.

http://www.facebook.com/discoverbayahibe

Denise

Toronto, Canada
15. Re: dominican republic weather in september

I was planning on going there, but having watched the weather for the last month and the predictions into October, I foresee nothing but rain, and thunder storms. I have now changed my mind. It doesn't seem worth the money or the cancellation headaches to go during this season.

Bayahibe, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Bayahibe, La Romana
16. Re: dominican republic weather in september

Well it is a hurricane season that is true, so we might get some storms or rain. But if you look at any weather websites, they will show you rain, storms or thunder storms all year around, so it looks like that it rains here all the time and that is not really true.

Hope you come to visit Bayahibe area some other time

Denise

new jersey
reviews: 6
17. Re: dominican republic weather in september

i was there in may 6th thru the 13th rainy season. the only rain we had was a few sprinkles on the sugar cain field tour. we got lucky! so one never knows. coming back sept 5th thru 11th.

London, England...
18. Re: dominican republic weather in september

Hi Demi

Do you know much about this place?, my self and brother are looking to travel here from 19th sept to 3 oct 13 thanks

Bayahibe, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Bayahibe, La Romana
19. Re: dominican republic weather in september

Do you want to know more about a resort or about the area?

You can send me a PM or you can email me denise@discoverbayahibe.com

denise

Oslo, Norway
reviews: 5
20. Re: dominican republic weather in september

September statisticslly is high risk from hurricanes but these are rare weather at this end of the island is dry cactus grow everywhere it rains a little bit most days mainly at night you will get goid weather fingers crossed

Reply to: dominican republic weather in september
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted