We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand Bahia Principe La Romana or Bavaro

Which La Romana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
london
Grand Bahia Principe La Romana or Bavaro

Hi has anyone been to both hotels. I cant decide and would appreciate any advice/help. Also it it worth the extra to go the Dreams resort ?

thankyou

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for La Romana, Bayahibe
reviews: 6
1. Re: Grand Bahia Principe La Romana or Bavaro

It depends on what you're looking for in your vacation and from your hotel. I don't know the GBP Bavaro but if its conditions are similar to the rest of Bavaro, the beach will be nicer than the La Romana counterpart. BUT...the GBP La Romana's beach is entirely dissimilar to the beach conditions of the other La Romana hotels. If you want both a beautiful beach to play on and water to play in, you may want to choose a GBPLR alternative.

That said, I think the GBPLR is a beautiful hotel. Not so many rooms on a big property. The rooms are luxe and the food is good. I personally think that Dreams is worth more, though I don't know what kind of price difference you're looking at which may be pertinent.

I have pictures of the GBPLR posted at travel.webshots.com/album/563726261mFDfQn An album of my 15 days at Dreams in February is at travel.webshots.com/album/571911788ekjEgi

Sorry, I can't assist you on the Punta Cana property.

Kaki

london
2. Re: Grand Bahia Principe La Romana or Bavaro

thankyou Kaki for your quick and very informative reply. I think I need someone else to make the decision for me - its so tough when they both look so beautiful

Santo Domingo...
reviews: 25
3. Re: Grand Bahia Principe La Romana or Bavaro

GBPLa Romana its a beautiful property, but it does have some "issues" that makes it a hard Hotel to reccomend, at least for me.

The beach was, is, and will be always a problem for this Hotel, as its the end of Soco River, and everytime it rains it gets terrible.... (I don't want to imagine who it is right now, with all the rain there has been in the ares theses last few days...) This makes a second problem, the mosquitos, although this only affects some times of the year more than others.

Also, its a Hotel thats quite in the middle of nowhere, nothing is not accesible to nowhere by foot, and if you wnat to go out and visit places, you'll have to spend quie a bit of money in cabs...

GBPBavaro/PuntaCana is another things.

The Resort is really just as nice, as all GBPProperties (in DR) have more or less the same Hotel concept and the same decoration.

This is a huge property, with several Hotels, ther is a train to take you around if you don't wbat to walk too much, and the whole resort is capable of taking more than 5,500 people. You can be sure that at this time of the year you will find this much people there...

The Beach is great and looong, and its got LOTS of chairs and sunhuts at the beach.

I find only two complaints with this property: food is great, but it can be a bit boring. Also, theres is a funny smell in the main buffet restaurat. Many people think its from dampness, but it because of the wood work inside the restaurant.

4. Re: Grand Bahia Principe La Romana or Bavaro

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, February 15, 2010