We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Iberostar Costa Dorada

Which Puerto Plata hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
St. Catharines...
reviews: 1
Iberostar Costa Dorada

I just looked at some pictures on Iberostar Costa Dorada and I seen a lot of pictures of COCKROACHES is this a huge problem here ??? And also how much was it for the safe in the room . Please and info will help :)

Brampton, Canada
reviews: 14
1. Re: Iberostar Costa Dorada

Summertime I just send you 2 private message pertaining to you messages to me.

St. Catharines...
2. Re: Iberostar Costa Dorada

Thanks Cubanflavor

Charlottetown...
3. Re: Iberostar Costa Dorada

We have visited the resort five times, stayed in different buildings and have never had a cockroach in any room. For me, it's not a concern at the ICD.

We always use the room safes, about $2US a day. It's tacked on your bill at the end, the amount shows on the bill as pesos. I'm looking at my old bills and could calculate it in pesos per day if you want. The cost is minimal and well worth it.

Wigan, Lancashire
reviews: 22
4. Re: Iberostar Costa Dorada

Never had a problem with cockroaches in our room on our 2 visits.

and as said above safe is $2 a day :)

Cheers

Dave

St. Catharines...
5. Re: Iberostar Costa Dorada

Thank you everyone for your positive feed back I honestly could believe that a Iberostar that #2 out of 44 hotel would have a huge problem with cockroaches but when I seen ( XxDaGrimmxX ) post the pictures I just had to ask .

Sefton
reviews: 9
6. Re: Iberostar Costa Dorada

This is a tropical country and there will always be insects around however highly rated the hotel is. However the staff work very hard to make sure we don't meet them!!

Edited: 1:23 pm, October 18, 2013
Puerto Plata...
7. Re: Iberostar Costa Dorada

hi

as for roaches i really dont think they are regular roaches. if you ever go out into the yard an move rocks or things sometime you will see a big roach looking thing that we always called water roaches, they only stay around moist areas. they dont breed like reg roaches an you hardly ever see but one an its gone shortly, we are a wet climate so they do get around but not really a roach like you would find inside someones home, hope this helps an enjoy your trip

james

St. Catharines...
8. Re: Iberostar Costa Dorada

Thanks James :)

9. Re: Iberostar Costa Dorada

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, October 20, 2014