We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Caribe Tours/Airport to Samana

Which Santo Domingo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Germany
Caribe Tours/Airport to Samana

Hi,

I'm flying into Santo Domingo Airport and want to take a Caribe Tours bus to Samana. Can anybody explain where the bus station is (I get from information in the internet that it isn't at the airport but in the city center)? How do I get there without taking a taxi?

Are there any other bus operators going from the Airport to Samana?

19 replies to this topic
Silver Spring...
Destination Expert
for Dominican Republic
reviews: 1
1. Re: Caribe Tours/Airport to Samana

Nothing from the Airport itself. Caribe Tours depot for Samana buses is NEAR the airport. It is actually a Bus Shell just at the entrance to the Toll Road.

Take a Taxi from SDQ to the Toll Road Entrance where you will find the Station. Last bus leaves the City terminal for Samana at 4:30 p.m. and gets to the Toll Road stop at 5 p.m.

caribetours.com.do/index.php/…get_travel

Germany
2. Re: Caribe Tours/Airport to Samana

Thank you. How much would the taxi be? And what is the exact name? I don't speak spanish and don't want to end up having the driver take me to the city center.

Can I buy a ticket at that station near the toll road or do I need to make an reservation? I'll be going on a Friday morning...

I found this website and it says something about the Airport at 8:30am. .. but I don't understand completely because, as I said, I don't speak spanish. Any help?

Silver Spring...
Destination Expert
for Dominican Republic
3. Re: Caribe Tours/Airport to Samana

When you exit customs there is a Taxi line/dispatchers. Some of them speak English. Agree on the fare before getting in the cab. If in doubt ask someone to assist you, the folks are friendly. The fare is maybe $15 to the beginning of the Toll Road where the Bus is, $20 max. You can buy your bus ticket at the bus stop. It is a shell of an old bus, can't miss it.

Tell the Taxi: "Entrada de Careterra a Samana" The bus costs about 300 Pesos. I would hit the Banco Popular ATM on your right as you come out of Customs for some Pesos.

Germany
4. Re: Caribe Tours/Airport to Samana

Ah thank you.

I totally forgot the link to the website i mentioned. Here it is: www.caribetours.com.do/santo%20domingo.htm

Can anybody make any sense of it?

Silver Spring...
Destination Expert
for Dominican Republic
5. Re: Caribe Tours/Airport to Samana

Yes, it's the schedule from Santo Domingo. 8, 10, 2:30 and 4:30 are the buses that pass the Toll road pick up. These are the time they leave the City terminal. Next stop is Toll road teminal.

New York City, New...
reviews: 15
6. Re: Caribe Tours/Airport to Samana

I am glad this question was asked as I am also planning to go to Samana from SD, however I will be spending a few days in the capital first then heading there. Do you know if there buses go from Samana to La romana and about how long of a trip is that?

nyc
reviews: 7
7. Re: Caribe Tours/Airport to Samana

The bus terminal at la entrada de samana, I would assume some one will be there selling tickets?

Silver Spring...
Destination Expert
for Dominican Republic
8. Re: Caribe Tours/Airport to Samana

To go from Samana to La Romana one would need to go to SD and then change to the La Romana Bus line. Total time 5-6 hours drive time.

New York City, New...
9. Re: Caribe Tours/Airport to Samana

Even to go from Samana to Puerto Plata?

New York City, New...
10. Re: Caribe Tours/Airport to Samana

Scratch that question. Silly. Lol

Reply to: Caribe Tours/Airport to Samana
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted