We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is there any departure tax?

Toronto
reviews: 11
Is there any departure tax?

I was wondering if theis is some depature tax when leaving Dominican (like it exists in Cuba - $25)?

England
reviews: 6
1. Re: Is there any departure tax?

Hello,

Yes there is a departure tax $20, but soon to go up to $25 - allegedly May 1st. There is also an entry tax (called a tourist card) which is $10 - will rise to $15.

However, some Canadian travel companies include these charges in the cost of your holiday so it is worth checking to see if this applies to you.

Newton Abbot...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic
2. Re: Is there any departure tax?

Its all depending who you are travelling with some companies include your Tourist Card entry tax and Departure Tax.

But if they dont then it is $US10 per person at the moment going up to $US15 on May 1st for Entry Tax and Departure Tax is $US20 per person

Have a lok at this thread.

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g317146-i5373-k2…

Angie.

Newton Abbot...
Destination Expert
3. Re: Is there any departure tax?

Shelia Departure Tax is staying put on $US20

This is what I found out on Saturday 28th March.

"I have just come off the phone from my Tour Operator (First Choice/Thomson)in the UK and there is a message on their system that from May 1st the Dominican Republic Government has issued that the Tourist Card (entrance tax)increases will be implemented $US10 to $US15 but there is no increases in the Departure Tax that will be staying at the $US20"

Angie.

Toronto
4. Re: Is there any departure tax?

This is wierd....

I called our tour operator (Nolitours) - they told taxes are included.

I called iTravel2000 (where we booked trip) - they told taxes aren't included.

Whom to believe?

Newton Abbot...
Destination Expert
5. Re: Is there any departure tax?

Gibot,

Saw your other posting about your vouchers state that your taxes are included so they must be included for you as you have written proof.

Angie.

Nova Scotia
reviews: 1
6. Re: Is there any departure tax?

Gibot,

Nolitours include both the Tourist Card and the Departure Tax in their packages.

The only Canadian Tour Operators who don't include either, AFAIK, are SunWing and GoTravelDirect.

Gregg

Toronto
7. Re: Is there any departure tax?

Thanks Gregg!

The only thing I don't get - why this is not mentioned in Nolitours vaucher/e-ticket?

'cause if custom officers at Punta Cana will ask us for those taxes, we don't have any prove that we paid.

P.S. Also didn't find any info about taxes on air transat web site...

Toronto
8. Re: Is there any departure tax?

Angie, iTravel2000 operator told me that this is about another taxes and depature ones is not included.

9. Re: Is there any departure tax?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:23 pm, October 23, 2009