We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rosalie Bay and Diving

midwest
reviews: 14
Rosalie Bay and Diving

My wife are thinking about staying at the above mentioned lodging and driving each morning (4 days out of the 7 nights we plan to stay). Is this feasible? I plan to rent a Jeep for the week. I have just heard many good things about this place and thought that the days that my wife doesn't dive, she would have a great place to unwind.

The other option would be the Fort Young Hotel. I know this would be easier, but not the same isolation. Any thoughts? Thanks.

reviews: 11
11. Re: Rosalie Bay and Diving

Glad to read you enjoyed Rosalie Bay so much.

Va
reviews: 7
12. Re: Rosalie Bay and Diving

Here's my thought on that. We didn't go into the Fort Young. From the outside it looks dated. It's on a main street in Rouseau. No beach at the hotel (there are just about 0 beaches on the Caribbean side of the island. It is not secluded. all the activities are driving distance from the hotel. Not much in the town to see or do. It is a 50 minute drive from Rosalie Bay to any dive shop. It's only ~ 20 miles but you just can't drive fast in Dominica. There are only 3 or 4 really upscale hotels on the island. Besides Rosalie Bay there is Secret Bay and Red Rock Haven. We loved Rosalie Bay. It is a short drive from the hotel to many scenic and remarkable hikes including Emerald Pools and Victoria Falls. But everything on the Caribbean side is 45 - 60 minutes away. We would rather have a luxurious hotel and beautiful spot to hang out and then drive to the dive spot. We dove at Dive Dominica at the Comfort Cove Hotel. They were a first class operation

13. Re: Rosalie Bay and Diving

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, January 23, 2013