We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fort Young Hotel

Tampa, Florida
reviews: 38
Fort Young Hotel

Hi All,

Would like to know if you can really walk to town from the hotel? (I've had hotels say a five min walk and what they really mean is 5 miles . . :)

What dive center do they use?

Is is worth it to do the meal plan? What is the average price for a normal meal in town? Thanks very much for the info.

Happy/Safe travels.

California
1. Re: Fort Young Hotel

It's an easy and pleasant walk as the Fort Young is just on the South End of Roseau's Bay Front by the cruise dock. The town is compact and you can reach anywhere in the city within 15 minutes walk from the hotel.

Overall the rooms were nice, service and food were a bit lacking. We had a superior oceanfront room (paid $125/night). The room was large, clean, with a great little private terrace overlooking the Caribbean. Only negative was that cruise ships obscured part of the ocean view, but it was still a great view. The hot tubs on the hotel deck were not heated, pools were too cold to enjoy even when air temp was 85F, service at front desk slow.

But I still think it's your best option in Roseau. I know some divers choose to stay in Castle Comfort, a couple miles south of Roseau, but the comforts of town are good at the end of the day.

Enjoy.