We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flamingos?

Which Willemstad hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
chicago
reviews: 1
Flamingos?

Does anyone know if there is a beach that has flamingos? I'm sure I saw a picture at some point but can't find anything about it..

6 replies to this topic
Aruba
1. Re: Flamingos?

There are many flamingos in Curacao, but not at the beach (that is Aruba). You usually can find flamingos at the salt lakes of Jan Kok, at the road to St. Willibrordus and at the salt lakes of St. Michiel along the road to Kokomo beach / Bullebaai.

Toronto, Canada
2. Re: Flamingos?

I have seen a couple of flamingo's at the beach at Kokomo and Cas Abou once in a while but if you want to see great flocks of them the majority can be seen on the salt pans as mentioned above.

Townsend, MA
Destination Expert
for Curacao
reviews: 87
3. Re: Flamingos?

Yes, we always stop on the way to Porto Marie in St Willibrordus for a flamingo shot. (Camera not a gun LOL)

Cary, North Carolina
Destination Expert
for Curacao
reviews: 69
4. Re: Flamingos?

We've always had good luck seeing a large flock at the Jan Kok salt flats. There's also a few that hang out frequently at the water hazard on hole 10 of the Blue Bay Resort golf course. From up on our veranda we can watch them come in the morning and leave for their rookeries towards sundown. Magnificent birds in flight. And it's interesting that they always circle the pond several times, just like planes at the airport, making sure it's safe before they head in for a landing.

Edited: 7:18 pm, June 25, 2014
chicago
reviews: 1
5. Re: Flamingos?

Thanks for all the info. Looking forward to our time in Curacao!

Curacao
reviews: 2
6. Re: Flamingos?

They can be seen if you go for a walk along the Jan Thiel salt lakes too!

Reply to: Flamingos?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted