We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunscape questions

Which Willemstad hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Vero Beach, Florida
reviews: 7
Sunscape questions

Hi everyone. A few questions I can't seem to find answers for:

Do they have pool floats? If not can you bring your own?

Do you need a power converter if coming from the US?

Is US currency accepted locally?

Is it safe to walk around outside of the resort?

Is there an email to contact the concierge?

Thanks in advance for the help!

11 replies to this topic
Willemstad, Curacao
1. Re: Sunscape questions

Hi Dee, thnx for your interest in one of the hotels on our island :)

The hotel has their own pool floats and various other activities all around, and yes, you can bring your own pool floats as well.

You will not need a power converter. The whole island is provided with 110v/50-60herts, and in hotel rooms its standard to also have a 220/210v outlet.

After the local currency, the US$ is the second most used currency used on the island and accepted everywhere, next to the Euro.

The hotel lies at a excellent location, 5 minutes away from the city, and a 100m walk to 3 very nice beaches and a brand new shoppinmall/beachclub build. ( http://www.blvdcuracao.com/ ) It is perfectly safe to walk around.

There is no direct email for the concierge but you can always send an email to info.sucur@sunscaperesorts.com for more info or visit their website http://www.sunscaperesorts.com/curacao

I hope that I have answered all your questions satisfactorily.

Greetings,

Rico

Edited: 10:33 am, June 20, 2014
Stryker, Ohio
reviews: 11
2. Re: Sunscape questions

We just returned from the Sunscape earlier this month.

I did not see any pool floats at the resort. We brought our own from home.

You will not need a power convertor.

American currency is accepted everywhere.

We walked down to Mambo Beach there is plenty of shopping there. We also walked to the Sea Aquarium. The resort also has day trips into Wimestead. We also rented a car and went to several different beaches. :-)

Vero Beach, Florida
3. Re: Sunscape questions

Thank you so much for responding!

Vero Beach, Florida
4. Re: Sunscape questions

Thanks so much for the reply. We're looking forward to our trip. Pool floats are a necessity and some others had mentioned they were never seen..

Vero Beach, Florida
5. Re: Sunscape questions

I just received this email from thee concierge that may be helpful to others...

Chief Concierge

To Me

Today at 4:36 PM

Dear Sousa,

Yes, you may have floaters in the pool, however we don’t provide those here.

Don’t bring a converter, but do bring an adapter European to American standard adapter.

And yes, the dollar is widely accepted here.

Sincerely,

Xavier Cathalina

Chief Concierge

Dr. Martin Luther King Boulevard # 78

Curacao, South-Western Caribbean

Phone +599 9 736 7888 Ext. 1098 concierge.sucur@sunscaperesorts.com

Townsend, MA
Destination Expert
for Curacao
reviews: 96
6. Re: Sunscape questions

HMMM - we never brought either a converter or an adapter. Some of the rooms have limited US style outlets so we bring a strip to be able to plug in our stuff

We always bring our own floats and leave them for the next guest. This is one resort you will regret not having a float if you don't bring (or buy) one. Lovely calm water in front of the resort for floating at sunset with your favorite adult beverage (we love caipirinhas)

Edited: 5:16 am, June 24, 2014
Vero Beach, Florida
7. Re: Sunscape questions

Thanks for responding. Great idea about the strip. We already have our floats packed and ready and can't wait to get there. Will definitely try the drink you suggested too!

Utah
reviews: 64
8. Re: Sunscape questions

We leave for Sunscape in Curacao on Friday, July 25, can't wait to see what a grand place this is. Will snorkel all over and give report when we return .Also trying D and D for 3 day car rental and Yellow tour something for transfers. Hope to have a wonderful time. Will report back.Thanks to all who give responsible information. Bonbini

Townsend, MA
Destination Expert
for Curacao
reviews: 96
9. Re: Sunscape questions

Have a great time!

10. Re: Sunscape questions

Hello Cropsis..I am an American from Boston living on Curacao. Check out a company called American Standards. They service Americans and Canadians traveling here...coordinating car rental, airport transfers, etc. I already see you have these services coordinated...however, the " Friends of AM" program can recommend things to do with various tour operators and provide dicounts. Better deals than booking directly at the hotel. It's a VIP service..many include transportation or provide private pick up which will save you lots of money on taxi fare. Taxi are extremely expensive on the island and vary in price per company and charge for extra persons. They are American owned, opreated, but work with alot of local business and registered with the Curacao Chamber of Commerce. You can contact them once you get here to inquire about your excursion/activity discounts and transportation referrals at: 599-9-685-4029. Facebook: American Standards Curacao, Twitter: @ASCC, Email: americanstandardscuracao@gmail.com

Hope you find it useful...Bon Tardi (Good Afternoon)

Reply to: Sunscape questions
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted