We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunscape Curacao Question

Which Willemstad hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Red Oak, Texas...
Level Contributor
84 posts
11 reviews
Sunscape Curacao Question

Hello! I have a few questions while trying to decide where we will take our next vacation:

1. Can you snorkel off the beach at the resort? If not, can you do it in an excursion and about how much does that cost per person?

2. Do they play movies at night on the beach?

3. Is the pool water hot or does it actually cool you off?

4. Is it hard to get chairs by the pool? On the beach?

5. Is there a DVD player in the room?

thank you in advance!

Willemstad, Curacao
Level Contributor
3 posts
1. Re: Sunscape Curacao Question

Hi Heather,

1. you can snorkel from the beach at the resort, and at any place that gives you acces to water on the southside of the island.

2. I am not sure if the play movies at the resort itself, but at the beach/boulevard next door (a 200m walk) they have "movienight" every tuesday.

3, The pools at resorts on the island are not heated, unless its a outdoors jacuzzi. The pools are naturally warmed up a bit by the sun (32-36 degrees celsius daily) and are a welcome relief to cool of in on a hot day.

4. beach chairs are readily available on the beach/at the pool.

5. To my knowledge there are no DVD players in the room. Only flat screen tv's with a cable connection on it, but maybe one is available if asked for.

Level Contributor
408 posts
1 review
2. Re: Sunscape Curacao Question

Rico, are you sure they still have a movie night on Mambo? I thought they stopped this since the renovation. It is good information to know as I sometimes get guests asking about for movies on the beach, and Mambo always used to be very nice for that.

Stryker, Ohio
Level Contributor
5 posts
11 reviews
3. Re: Sunscape Curacao Question

We just returned from the Sunscape and yes the Sunscape does play movies on the beach at night.

Townsend, MA
Destination Expert
for Curacao
Level Contributor
1,804 posts
98 reviews
4. Re: Sunscape Curacao Question

Sunscape does show movies at night on the beach on a blow up screen. They serve drinks and popcorn. PG rated.

Absolutely snorkel - some of the best resort front snorkeling on the island. Bring your own gear since you will want to go out several times a day.

Edited: 5:24 am, June 24, 2014
5. Re: Sunscape Curacao Question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, June 26, 2015