We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Catholic Church nears Sunscape Resort

Which Willemstad hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago, IL
reviews: 59
Catholic Church nears Sunscape Resort

Im wondering if anyone knows of a Catholic Church near the Sunscape resort and what days/hours services are held. Can I walk there, take the bus or have to take a taxi?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Aruba
1. Re: Catholic Church nears Sunscape Resort

As far as I know there is no Catholic church at walking distance to Sunscape. The closest churches are probably the Cathedral Reina di Santisimo Rosario at Pietermaai or the Cathedral Sagrado Curason di Hesus at Janwe. For church hours check http://dioceseofwillemstad.com/?page_id=5

It is probably easiest to go there by taxi, but you can check when you are at Sunscape at the reception desk if there is a way to go there by bus.

Willemstad, Curacao
Destination Expert
for Willemstad, Curacao
reviews: 79
2. Re: Catholic Church nears Sunscape Resort

There are catholic churches closer to Sunscape.

The church at Steenrijk and the church in Koraal specht.

The church in steenrijk is about a 15/20 min walk depending your walking speed and is is a straightforward walk. Road to downtown and when you pass the supermarket (Boulevard market place) take the first street on your left you cannot miss the church.

Bus is also possible and there is a busstop close to the church.

The one in Koraalspecht maybe a shorter walk but there are certain parts of that neighborhood that are not recommended for walking.

Chicago, IL
3. Re: Catholic Church nears Sunscape Resort

Thanks VillaSeashell, the schedule is very helpful.

huub9999, thanks for the input

I will report back once I return.

Chicago, IL
4. Re: Catholic Church nears Sunscape Resort

We ended up going to Steenrijk Church and the service was at 8 am. It was about a mile from the resort and it took less that 5 min to get there by taxi, at a cost of 10$. We were going to take the bus but the staff at reception said there was an abbreviated bus schedule since it was mothers day.

For anyone planning on going to this church, make sure you plan accordingly. Our mass lasted almost 1.5 hrs. The people sure do love to sing. Although we couldn't understand what everyone was signing it was still a great experience.

5. Re: Catholic Church nears Sunscape Resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, May 15, 2015