We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach near Cruise port

Which Willemstad hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Alberta
Beach near Cruise port

I will be on a cruise to Curaçao in March and would like to snorkel from a beach instead taking a boat cruise. Are the beaches public in front of the hotels? I was wondering if it is possible to snorkel in front of the Avilia Hotel without staying there as a guest? Otherwise where is the best place to snorkel that we can walk to from the cruise port or take a taxi ?

6 replies to this topic
Willemstad, Curacao
Destination Expert
for Willemstad, Curacao
reviews: 68
1. Re: Beach near Cruise port

Walkable from the cruise port does not exist(if we are talking 5/10 min). The public beach near marriot has some decent snorkeling but this a 20/30 min walk from otrabanda(port). A public bus can bring you pretty close though.

Best snorkeling options are out west and all right from the beach you do not need a boat for that but to get there you need a cab or some tours also take you there

Beaches in front of the hotels are not public.

Halifax, Nova Scotia
reviews: 28
2. Re: Beach near Cruise port

Beachwalker257, Just wondering what beach you found in Curacao? I'm heading there in July. Thanks. :)

Miami, Florida
reviews: 12
3. Re: Beach near Cruise port

What is best way to get to west end beaches and cost? Is Public Bus reliable? We are spending one day cruise excursion.

Willemstad, Curacao
reviews: 3
4. Re: Beach near Cruise port

I would not go by bus, probably takes to much time, The nicest beach near the port is the beach of Blue Bay. For the best beaches you should go to the West of the island but I think it's probably a bit to expensive to go there by taxi.

Curacao
reviews: 2
5. Re: Beach near Cruise port

To go to Mambo Beach it's quite easy to use pubic transport. Find your way to the bus station in Punda and take a little bus saying "Sea Aquarium".

Winnipeg Canada
Destination Expert
for Winnipeg
reviews: 248
6. Re: Beach near Cruise port

thanks for the advise

Reply to: Beach near Cruise port
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted