We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

walking safety, transport from airport

Which Willemstad hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Montreal
reviews: 76
walking safety, transport from airport

Hi: I'm looking into staying in a very nice apartment that seems to be on or near Carneles Dirksweg street.

Is it safe to walk from there to the Punda or the Kura Huland?

Are there any buses, or cheap ways to get there from the airport? We arrive mid afternoon and prefer not to rent a car for our time in Willemstad.

Thanks,

Kay

18 replies to this topic
Algonquin...
reviews: 24
11. Re: walking safety, transport from airport

So would it be relatively safe to walk from the Pietermaai Smal Apartments to the downtown area at night?

Willemstad, Curacao
reviews: 82
12. Re: walking safety, transport from airport

@Pemmink, Yes it should be ok but I would not walk around with your laptop etc during the night..

Algonquin...
reviews: 24
13. Re: walking safety, transport from airport

Thats great. We'd just rather walk than take the car and look for parking when its so close. Laptop stays at home.

Gulf Breeze, Florida
14. Re: walking safety, transport from airport

Since the topic is on transportation, I figure ill piggy back on it. Are there cabs available late at night? I would like to able to return to the hotel safely and responsibly after drinking.

Edited: 3:37 pm, December 08, 2013
Cary, North Carolina
Destination Expert
for Curacao
reviews: 74
15. Re: walking safety, transport from airport

No problem. The taxis are always running and very eager for business. Generally, if you take a taxi to a place the driver will ask you if he can return you at a time later on. He'll also usually give you a card with his phone number if you want to call him for later rides. At a bar or restaurant, just let them know you heed a ride and they'll hook you up.

Willemstad, Curacao
reviews: 82
16. Re: walking safety, transport from airport

@Pemmink, some people even park their cars around Pietermaai appartments and walk to downtown as sometimes downtown has no parking. Many people do it but stay on the main street which is more busier.

Cabs are available at night yes.. Most taxis would like to keep you as a customer so he will give you his number of you can call a taxi company or let the restaurant call you a cab. Some restaurants also provide transportation.

Stavanger, Norway
17. Re: walking safety, transport from airport

I see that it's a while since this tread was active, but I'm hoping some of you will respond :)

I'm arriving solo in curaçao, staying at the hostel the ritz studios for one night. How do you suggest safely getting there from the airport? It's on scharlooweg. Would it be too far if I took the bus to Lunda and then walked from there?

Willemstad, Curacao
reviews: 3
18. Re: walking safety, transport from airport

I wouldn't be worried if I were you about your safety if you take a bus during the daytime, that should not be a problem at all. The only thing I don't know if buses go from the airport to Scharloo/Punda and if you'll have to wait a long time. Walking distance from Punda is probably about 15 minutes so that's okay. Don't know the prices but it's going to be a lot easier to take a taxi or if the hostel has a shuttle service

Reply to: walking safety, transport from airport
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted