We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach condition at sunscape

Which Willemstad hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
toronto
reviews: 2
Beach condition at sunscape

Hello,

My husband and I are looking at sunscape suracao but am a bit worried about the beach conditions as much people have mention that you should bring water shoes. Are there any places that you could possibly walk right into the ocean with a sand bottom instead of the rocks? If so, where would these locations be in respect to building locations at sunscape. Last once passing the entrance of the beach is it all sand bottom.

J.

Townsend, MA
Destination Expert
for Curacao
reviews: 87
1. Re: Beach condition at sunscape

You don't need water shoes to enter near the flamingo and pelican buildings. That is the only place I entered, so can't answer for any where else. I never really had a problem anywhere on the island - I was snorkeling, so water shoes would not work anyway. I carried my fins as I entered the water, got into about 3 feet deep and put them on. Yes, there is coral bits, but not unbearable IMO.

Calgary, Canada
reviews: 45
2. Re: Beach condition at sunscape

I agree with Dotneko, if you wander down to the Pelican and Flamingo end of the resort, you will never need water shoes.

Oh and my picture is of moi at the beach there !

Edited: 5:19 pm, May 04, 2013
Boston...
reviews: 11
3. Re: Beach condition at sunscape

You wont find the pure pearly beaches of some islands. Curacao is a great island to snorkel and dive at with plenty of coral and beautiful fish.

However, you don't need wade walkers to get into the water, there is plenty of sand.

When not snorkeling, we would walk out neck deep without worrying about rocks or coral.

4. Re: Beach condition at sunscape

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, May 09, 2014