We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is Curacao right for me?

Which Willemstad hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Apollo Beach...
reviews: 38
Is Curacao right for me?

Considering a visit the first week of September. I'd like to see if anyone feels the island would be a good choice for me.

I hated Aruba.....it's too much like Miami

I liked Bonaire's downtown with the shops and restaurants.

I tend to like upscale, quiet resorts without screaming kids. I like laid back & relaxed.

We're in our 40's.

I'm looking for great restaurants, architecture, historical sites, interesting geography and a clean, friendly and safe island. I loved the lushness of St. Lucia but I don't think I'll find that in Curacao?

We're considering either the Renaissance if we go "cheap" and Baoase if we decide to splurge.

Boston...
reviews: 11
1. Re: Is Curacao right for me?

Curacao is no way near as hectic as Aruba, not as laid back as Bonaire and not quite as lush as St Lucia(also not as costly).

Having been to all the above, we find it as a great compromise, on a very safe and friendly island that you can be as active or laid back as you want.

We are in our early - mid 50's, try to get away 4-5 times per year and go to Curacao atleast 33% of the time(always looking for better).

New York
2. Re: Is Curacao right for me?

First, September would probable be a good month, as kids should be in school by then. Having been to both Aruba and Curacao, Curacao is Not Aruba. We stayed at the Marriott on both islands and not comparable. Curacao Marriott is less crowded and has a more caribbian appeal with an open air lobby. Nice resort. Unless you want to be downtown, I don't know if I would do Renaissance and I dont' think they have a beach. We stayed at the Marriott in October 2012 for $113 per nite AAA. We also have Marriott Reward card but AAA was cheaper. Prices flucuate keep checking. I alway book dircetly though the Marriott and find better prices than other travel sites.

New Jersey
reviews: 4
3. Re: Is Curacao right for me?

Splurge and go to Baoase! Read the reviews.

Willemstad, Curacao
reviews: 82
4. Re: Is Curacao right for me?

If you are looking for great restaurants, architecture, historical sites, interesting geography and a friendly and safe island than Curacao is your island to visit! and add the nice beaches and underwater world.

Townsend, MA
Destination Expert
for Curacao
reviews: 89
5. Re: Is Curacao right for me?

The Baoase looks beautiful and the reviews are

pretty positive. If I had the choice, I would go there.

The Ren is convenient to town, but a manmade beach.

Port Washington...
reviews: 4
6. Re: Is Curacao right for me?

Just booked Baoase for our HoneyMoon first week of October! 4 nights there then 4 nights at Bucuti Suites in Aruba! Got to say I am more excited about the Curacao part of our trip. Can't wait

7. Re: Is Curacao right for me?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, February 03, 2014