We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Car Rental in Curacao

Which Willemstad hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Newport Beach...
reviews: 22
Best Car Rental in Curacao

Which rental company has the best cars for rent at the best prices Jan 1 - 4 2013? Or is a week a better deal? Also, are there shuttles to the Marriott or nearby from the airport?

89 replies to this topic
London, United...
71. Re: Best Car Rental in Curacao

Next time use Just Drive or D&D Car rental

Sao Paulo, SP
72. Re: Best Car Rental in Curacao

I rented with D & D Daniels. No hassle, no inspection, arrive in exact time to pick up car, all insurance included.

Atlanta, Georgia
reviews: 156
73. Re: Best Car Rental in Curacao

A lot of good information in this string. I was put off by the reviews of Budget but was intrigued by the fact that their rates - without LDW - are about half of the local companies. When adding LDW, they are a bit more expensive. However, my Platinum CC covers this, so, I am tempted to stick with the Budget option as I'll save quite a bit over the week rental.

With all the saavy and experienced Curacao travelers in the forum, please let me know if this is faulty thinking.

Cary, North Carolina
Destination Expert
for Curacao
reviews: 74
74. Re: Best Car Rental in Curacao

I thought the same thing, and rented from the big guys for many years, w/o the insurance, as my credit card covered that. Most recently we were using Avis, which is only a little more cost than Budget, but the quality of their cars is heads above those that Budget provides. Last visit, raves from this forum prompted me to give D&D a try, and now won't look back. You will get much better customer service from D&D, the biggest perk being no waiting forever in line vs. 2-3 minutes pickup and drop off with D&D. Nicer cars too, and you're supporting local small business.

Edited: 11:31 am, July 24, 2014
Townsend, MA
Destination Expert
for Curacao
reviews: 89
75. Re: Best Car Rental in Curacao

Can't say enough good things about D&D. The easiest rental car experience ever, bar none.

Loved that they even gave you a phone to use that you could buy minutes on the call the States.

Toronto, Canada
reviews: 2
76. Re: Best Car Rental in Curacao

Horrible experience with Avis as well in March. Waited almost an hour in line at the airport to get the car. Initially there were 2 two reps at the counter helping people, the one finished up with the customer ahead of us then just left and walked away even though there was a huge line behind us and the other rep was busy. Incredibly rude when dropping off the car as well. We're going back at the end of November so will try out Just Drive, D&D or Prins.

Amsterdam, The...
77. Re: Best Car Rental in Curacao

Please don't rent from Aloe Car rentals because they are a total rip off.

They gave us a completely run down car, and then on top kept 100 dollars from our deposit.

They asked us to leave the car at the airport in the parking area, and then charged 100 dollars for it.

Kind regards

Servais Boosten

Amsterdam, The...
78. Re: Best Car Rental in Curacao

They gave us a completely run down car, and then on top kept 100 dollars from our deposit.

They asked us to leave the car at the airport in the parking area, and then charged 100 dollars for it.

Kind regards

Servais Boosten

Amsterdam, The...
79. Re: Best Car Rental in Curacao

Kind regards

Servais Boosten

Amsterdam, The...
80. Re: Best Car Rental in Curacao

Kind regards

Servais Boosten

Reply to: Best Car Rental in Curacao
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted