We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Departure tax for flights to Bonaire?

Which Willemstad hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dusseldorf, Germany
reviews: 13
Departure tax for flights to Bonaire?

What is the departure tax for flights to Bonaire since the political status has changed? Technically speaking, they are no longer "domestic" for which the discounted tax is charged - but maybe Curacao now just does it like Bonaire and has a cheaper tax for the neighbouring islands than for the other destinations? Would find it hard to swallow to fork out 32 USD on top of the fare for the short hop (although my understanding is that it has been like that to Aruba in the past??).

Destination Expert
for Curacao
reviews: 28
1. Re: Departure tax for flights to Bonaire?

From the Curacao Airport website:

Airport departure fees are assessed for International destinations of USD $32.00 ( NAFL. 57,60) and USD $ 8.00 (NAFLS. 14,50) for domestic destinations. Children under the age of two (2) are exempted of payment. Domestic destinations are Bonaire and St. Maarten. You can find the airport departure fee counters on the second floor just before passing through immigration. The airport departure fee is incorporated in the ticket price for passengers traveling with:

• American Airlines

• Continental Airlines

• K.L.M.

• Martin Air

• ArkeFly

www.curacao-airport.com/passengerinfo.html

Dusseldorf, Germany
reviews: 13
2. Re: Departure tax for flights to Bonaire?

Thanks. I am aware of the airport website, but it has the same information as before October 10, 2010 when the Dutch Antilles were dissolved. Today, Curacao and Bonaire are now longer part of the Dutch Antilles and travel between the two is no longer "domestic" from a legal point of view. As far as I know, Aruba has always been taxed as "international" from Curacao, and if Curacao as kept this policy, Bonaire should be "international" now as well. Hence my asking.

I have, by the way, sent an inquiry to Insel Air, Dutch Antilles Express and Curacao airport asking this, but, suffice to say, have yet to hear from any of them....

Edited: 5:38 pm, January 04, 2011
Destination Expert
for Curacao
3. Re: Departure tax for flights to Bonaire?

When are you flying CUR-BON ? I'll be flying it next month, can let you know then for sure.

Destination Expert
for Curacao
4. Re: Departure tax for flights to Bonaire?

mthk007, take a look at this thread from BonaireTalk:

bonairetalk.com/newsgroup/…

Sounds like it you're in transit, it's a US $2.00 (fls 3,60). Otherwise, it's $8 (fls 14,50).

5. Re: Departure tax for flights to Bonaire?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:26 am, July 06, 2011
Get answers to your questions about Willemstad