We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Driving to Westpunt at night

Which Willemstad hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ohio
reviews: 16
Driving to Westpunt at night

We will be arriving at around 7:00 pm in December and are planning on renting a car to drive to Lodge Kura Hulanda. Is it easy to navigate at night?

Curacao
reviews: 2
1. Re: Driving to Westpunt at night

It's a very easy drive but 30 minutes, maybe a bit longer for you. From the airport, exit right. Ah, right it will be daylight savings time and AA lands at 7 instead of 8 after Oct. IF you clear customs and get your rental before 7:30, I would suggest stopping at the grocery store. At the rotary go half way around (2nd turn), at the 2nd set of lights, take a right and Centrum is on the left. They close at 8PM. If the store is closed, drive past Centrum, I'm not sure how far, a mile or so? there's a small sign, take a right and Oassis will be on your right. Back at the rotary go around to 9:00 and follow the road to Westpunt. If you do not go to the store, as soon as you get on the rotary turn off on the road to Westpunt. After you pass Daniels - large sign on the right, there will be a very small store on the left called Sing Dou. It also stays open until 9PM but is just a very mini market. The road is in very good condition and from the rotary to Jaanchies is about 22 miles. After you pass Sing Dou, you'll go through Tera Cora - store, botika - pharmacy, doctor, vet, and gas station - gas just came down to under $4.50 a gal. The road will turn a bit and go up and down some hills for a few miles. You'll go through the town of Barber - a good size small store at the TOP of the hill, church, fire/police station, botika, local Sunday market, bank and gas station. You'll drive through Christoffel Park, pass Shete Boca and come down the hill into Westpunt. You can not miss Jaanchies. Take a right and then a left behind the cemetery, beep "hello, Sunshine" when you pass Sunshine Getaway and continue to the Lodge Kura Hulanda (about a mile from Jaanchies). some local drivers might drive a little fast. Just drive comfortably and they will pass you, don't worry. Email me if you'd the notes we have for our guests for sites in Banda Bou - West end. If you are coming to dive, you'll love it. curacaosunshine@gmail.com

Ohio
reviews: 16
2. Re: Driving to Westpunt at night

Thanks for the detailed directions. 30 minutes doesn't sound that bad. Is there any good restraunts outside the lodge that you recommend? Or should we plan on making the trip back and forth?

Curacao
3. Re: Driving to Westpunt at night

If you think I used a lot of words to give directions, you'll have an idea of how many pages I have about the west end of the island..... If you email me, I will send them to you. curacaosunshine@gmail.com

Unless the powers that be delete this, you can walk here to Sol Food from the Lodge and eat on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

Dallas, Texas
reviews: 85
4. Re: Driving to Westpunt at night

Just booked a last minute trip to Curacao, staying at Lodge Kura Hulanda. Should I rent a car? I will be arriving at 8 p.m., then time to clear customs and get bags, so it will be dark. Also, I'm flying out at 7:50 a.m. so will any Car Rental places be open for me to return the car by 6:30 a.m.?

Curacao
5. Re: Driving to Westpunt at night

Definitely rent a car. The rental agencies have arrangements for the early morning travelers. Enjoy the island. We've added our notes (Thanks Martin) to our web site. www.curacaosunshine.com There are pages of info only on the west end which is called Banda Bou. Some of it is just silliness so be sure to read Winteravoider's post on this board which has info on the entire island.

6. Re: Driving to Westpunt at night

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, February 23, 2010