We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Question - Compare

Which Curacao hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Lenexa, Kansas
reviews: 91
Question - Compare

I would like to know how Curacao compares to the following places Playa del Carmen (Mexico), Isla Mujeres (Mexico), and Puerto Rico.

We prefer being in a place near a beach. I like to get up early and go for a swim. We like to experience the destinations visited (eat at local restaurants, shop for crafts, and check out attractions). I must say that we don't eat at 5-star restaurants. I don't want to have to pack extra clothes for vacations. In addition, I must admit I am a picky eater!

I would like input on what to expect and where to stay. We will probably rent a car for at least 2 days. We prefer to stay at a place with access to a variety of restaurants.

Thanks

Boston...
reviews: 11
1. Re: Question - Compare

Sunscape, an AI in Curacao sounds like a perfect fit.

We like AI's so our costs are fixed and we can spend as much or as little as we want off site.

Check out D&D and Just drive for car rentals.

The are such a good deal that we have them meet us at the airport (10 minute and on our way) and return back there (3 minutes and at the terminal).

A very easy to navigate and friendly island. Lots of nice restaurants.

Lenexa, Kansas
2. Re: Question - Compare

We have never stayed in an AI. I don't mind eating breakfast at the place we stay at and maybe something while at the beach, but I would prefer to eat at a variety of places.

Boston...
3. Re: Question - Compare

Surprisingly AI are not that much more than a non AI resort after you add the cost of the breakfast that you usually buy.

We like it because if you want to stay in and eat, there is no added cost and all beverages are free of charge.

We usually eat breakfast almost every day at the resort, about 1/2 of our lunches, and about 1/3 of our dinners. It is also great stopping in for an extra desert and coffee or tea before going to bed.

The major problem is that we tend to put on a few extra pounds when staying at an AI.

Largo, MD
4. Re: Question - Compare

I have been to Puerto Rico but unfortunately have not had the pleasure of making it to the others. We stayed in Luquillo for s couple of nights (outside of El Yunique rainforest) snd spent the rest of our time in San Juan/OSJ.

When I was researching for my trip I do not recall any all inclusive however a lot of the hotels/inns provided free breakfast.

if you have any other questions regarding PR feel free to message me.

Lenexa, Kansas
5. Re: Question - Compare

Thanks for your help. I have been to Puerto Rico many times. I am looking for a new destination this year.

Boston...
6. Re: Question - Compare

Having been to Puerto Rico a few times, we prefer Curacao. Much friendlier but also much smaller with less to do, still enough to keep us active every day for a 10 day stay.

By your original criteria, it still sounds like a good fit.

7. Re: Question - Compare

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:30 am, January 10, 2015