We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Why Curcaco??

Which Curacao hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Why Curcaco??

I could use some assistance. We are considering curaçao for our upcoming honeymoon.

I would love some input as to why curaçao would be a good destination as well as recommendations of hotels/resorts that are excellent in all respects. We are naturally looking for a special & memorable place to stay.

I would greatly appreciate any input.

Thanks!!

New Jersey
reviews: 4
1. Re: Why Curcaco??

If money is no object, consider Baoase, the ultimate in luxury. Read the reviews on T/A. You did not state your likes and dislikes. Divers, snorkelers, hikers, etc.? Foodies? Why did you pick Curacao out of all the other Caribbean destinations? Just wondering.

Townsend, MA
Destination Expert
for Curacao
reviews: 95
2. Re: Why Curcaco??

What are you interests? If you are looking for marble palace luxury pampering, then I would recommend about 10 other islands before Curacao. If you want to drive around and explore, snorkel, go to the many beaches, explore Willemstad, then Curacao is for you.

Just laying on the beach, not planning on leaving the resort, all-inclusive, huge rooms with Jacuzzis?

Beaches Turks and Caicos, Excellence Punta Cana, Dreams La Romana, Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Jamaica would fit the bill.

What is your budget? Another big question - where are you coming from? Getting to Curacao can be a pain.

Townsend, MA
Destination Expert
for Curacao
3. Re: Why Curcaco??

Also, time of year? Curacao has great weather year round. The more northern islands you need to be concerned about the hurricane season.

4. Re: Why Curcaco??

Hi - Thanks for writing.

We are looking to go somewhere different that we have not been to.

It is our honeymoon, but we are not looking for the finest of the finest. Something 4 star and very nice would be great.

We like to do more than just lay on a beach. It seems Curacao offers many options. We love to explore.

Being stuck in an all-inclusive resort with nothing much to do, it not for us.

We are coming from the New Jersey area and have access to Newark and Philadelphia airports.

Any further recommendations you can give on hotels or other impressive facets of Curaco would be great.

Thanks again!!

5. Re: Why Curcaco??

Hi - Thanks for writing.

Money is an object. This is our honeymoon, but we do have funding limits.

We would like to stay somewhere very nice that is a great value for the money and on the beach.

We like to explore, snorkel, visit beaches, take drives, go to restaurants and into town.

Not total beach bums.

We picked Curaco as we wanted a place that neither of us had been to in the past.

I did stop there on a cruise once and it seemed interesting.

Can you highly recommend any other destinations??

Do you think Curaco is a good honeymoon selection?

Thanks for your help.

6. Re: Why Curcaco??

We are going in March.

Townsend, MA
Destination Expert
for Curacao
7. Re: Why Curcaco??

OK, then, the DR is out - you shouldn't drive there - totally unsafe, which basically means staying on the resort grounds.

March can still be coolish for the more northern islands like the Bahamas and Turks.

Snorkeling is not good in PR, OK in St Martin and Antigua, but expensive

St Croix might be OK, but I think Curacao is better.

So the options in curacao are: Sunscape, but it is an AI so you wouldn't want it (I\it does have the best 'home reef' in my opinion)

A condo - but if it was my honeymoon, I wouldn't want to cook LOL - too many years of THAT ahead of me.

There is Barbara Beach - a very nice resort, but remote.

I guess I would recommend either the Marriott or Royal Seaquarium - since both are near restuarants. Baoase is expensive with a capital E.

The Ren and Kura Hurlanda are in town - no beach to speak of at the Ren and none at all at KH.

8. Re: Why Curcaco??

Thanks so much for your help.

Cary, North Carolina
Destination Expert
for Curacao
reviews: 86
9. Re: Why Curcaco??

If what you want is a nice, but not extravagant, hotel, then I would recommend the Marriott. We stayed there 8 years in a row for our April wedding anniversary before finally buying a place. Once you've been to Curaçao, and see this hidden gem of the Caribbean you will agree there just is no better place. Marriott property has a decent beach with good snorkeling breakwaters, outstanding pool, jacuzzis, small gym, dive shop with lessons and charter boat. Fantastic customer oriented staff throughout and good rooms with balconies (where we celebrated the end of each day with wine and cheese). Marriott dinner food is OK, not great, but within walking distance to restaurants Sjalotte and Pirate Bay, a couple of our go-to's every trip. Nice central location too, 10 minutes to town where restaurants are some of the best in the world, and 30-45 min to the west end beaches (prettiest ones.). You'll want to rent a car to explore the island, and they have an on-site National office. Enjoy your honeymoon!

Edited: 6:12 pm, August 05, 2013
10. Re: Why Curcaco??

Thank you so much for the truly awesome post!!!

It has just about made up my mind.