We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

DAE Airline from Orlando

Which Curacao hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bradenton, FL
reviews: 56
DAE Airline from Orlando

Has anyone flown this airline from Orlando? Been reading terrible reviews about their service within the caribbean but hoping they do a better job from here. They have a non-stop flight several times a week at a great price and would be so convenient rather than flying American (another airline with poor service record) changing in Miami. It's odd that they say it's non-stop though because the outbound flight takes 4-1/2 hours and the return 2-1/2. I'm wondering if they stop in Miami or somewhere on the way there and pick-up passengers without us having to deplane? Any info much appreciated.

Willemstad, Curacao
Destination Expert
for Willemstad, Curacao
reviews: 79
1. Re: DAE Airline from Orlando

This connection is new just started like a week ago (at least that was announced with DAE you never know). Suppose to be flying 3 times a week.. Their service has been lousy everywhere. US bound flights are a bit better since they are carried out by Falcon air. But there are some horror stories there also.

Can not really say how they have been the last 2 months I assume better since not much was published in the news papers these days.

The flying time should be around 3-1/2 hours. The difference has to do with the time difference between miami and curacao I think. According to me the time difference is during winter times. Now they should be the same

Willemstad, Curacao
reviews: 82
2. Re: DAE Airline from Orlando

I had a flight with them last week and no delays (except 30 minutes on the return flight due to the passengers not beeing on time at the gate!). Positive is that they currently getting a few new planes and they have only started Orlando now as new destination meaning they should have some backup planes. Seems that most flights go well but when it goes wrong it really gets wrong!

Bradenton, FL
reviews: 56
3. Re: DAE Airline from Orlando

Thanks, I think we'll give them a go because it's a direct flight. Will report back our experience on the forum.

Winter Garden...
reviews: 12
4. Re: DAE Airline from Orlando

I booked this flight for end of May, discovered bad reviews and have the same concerns. Therefore, I have been watching their fligt schedule in and out of both Orlando and MIami. It seems to me that the flights get delayed out of Curacao and that triggers the delay in Orlando, etc. I also see it more on the Friday flight. But this is the same for AA and DAE. I did get in contact with them via FB, and let them know my concern my onlly response was from inflight relations. They do have open bar service if this interest you! I will post my experience first of June.

5. Re: DAE Airline from Orlando

Did you end up taking them?? We are supposed to fly with them as well and haven't read anything good!

Atlanta, Georgia
6. Re: DAE Airline from Orlando

US flight are operated by Falcon Air. Since they started flying they have done 5 out of 6 flight. 1 got cancelled due to only a few passenger. But what i have heard is that the are flying the Orlando route with 5-10 passenger on board. It scares me as they are know to cancel flights due to not enough seats being sold.

On the other hand they have a wetlease agreement with Falcon air and the owner of Falcon Air is their consultant. I guess he always advises them to operate the flights on his aircrafts. Or else Falcon doesn't get paid.

I would not recommend flying them but prefer flying Insel Air's direct flight out of Charlotte on Saturdays. Price is about the same and they have an agreement with USair. Service is a lot better also. Only thing missing is the open bar but I do not drink alcohol during a flight.

Willemstad, Curacao
Destination Expert
for Willemstad, Curacao
reviews: 79
7. Re: DAE Airline from Orlando

Correction the owner of Falcon Air is the "owner" of DAE. He is officially a consultant but in fact he manages the business. He is the Boss and owner

Willemstad, Curacao
reviews: 82
8. Re: DAE Airline from Orlando

US bound flights seem to have not too many problems but if you are travelling to and from Venezuela you might want to check other options

Winter Garden...
reviews: 12
9. Re: DAE Airline from Orlando

We fly with them May 27th, will let you know!!

Orlando, Florida
reviews: 102
10. Re: DAE Airline from Orlando

what happened

Get answers to your questions about Curacao