We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

groceries in Westpunt along with room questions

Which Curacao hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
fort worth
reviews: 72
groceries in Westpunt along with room questions

Hi travellers,

I am staying at the Kura Hulanda Lodge from 12/20/12 to 12/25/12 and I am curious about a couple things that I hope can be answered:

a) The all inclusive rate is outrageous and I was curious as to where I could purchase groceries nearby the Lodge? Are there grocers nearby to purchase food (i.e. beef, fish, etc.)

If so, how far are they from the hotel?

b) Where can you purchase beer, wine, etc. nearby? Are there liquor stores nearby or should I pick the beverages up in Willemsted? By the way, what is the cost of a case of beer at a grocer?

c) With the ocean front terrace room, is the refridgerator large enough to store beer, wine bottles, etc. or is the typical small college dorm fridge?

d) Do you know if the hotel organizes day trips to any area on the island such as Hato caves, etc.

e) Any room number recomendations for the ocean front terrace suites?

Thanks,

Jeff Keller

Portage, Wisconsin
reviews: 2
1. Re: groceries in Westpunt along with room questions

We stayed in Wespunt last year and there are no grocerie stores near that end of the island but there is a very small market just before you turn off the main road. You will want to pick up most things in town. As for fish there is a spot on the beach with in walking distance of Kura Hulanda where the local fisherman sell their morning catch.

Willemstad, Curacao
Destination Expert
for Willemstad, Curacao
reviews: 77
2. Re: groceries in Westpunt along with room questions

The previous post is correct. Small market where you can get some basic stuff. Fish indeed with the local fisherman on the beach. That is really the best option for fish.

You have to head towards town to get bigger supermarkets. In Barber (10min) there is bigger market but it will bot be to the standards you have closer to town.

Rental car is recommended

Edited: 8:06 pm, December 06, 2012
Iowa
3. Re: groceries in Westpunt along with room questions

"closer to town"

To which town are you referring?

Willemstad, Curacao
Destination Expert
for Willemstad, Curacao
reviews: 77
4. Re: groceries in Westpunt along with room questions

Only one town Willemstad. The supermarket in Barber which is the village nearby has an ample selection but can not be compared to places like centrum, AH, Esperamos etc etc

5. Re: groceries in Westpunt along with room questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:15 pm, December 16, 2013