We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ocean Varadero El Patriarca,

Edmundston, Canada
reviews: 2
Ocean Varadero El Patriarca,

Was just wondering if any one knows when it will be opening? We would like to be going at the end of March-begening April for 2 weeks. Have been to Varadero 2 yoars ago and did not notice any new resorts being built. We were at the Iberostar Laguna Azul. It was a great vacation. If any one goes before please write a review and post pictures .

Coral Gables...
Destination Expert
for Cuba, Havana, Varadero
reviews: 165
1. Re: Ocean Varadero El Patriarca,

The date is set to November ..

Charlottetown...
Destination Expert
for Prince Edward Island
reviews: 67
2. Re: Ocean Varadero El Patriarca,

I am also giving this resort some consideration if my Iberostar Tainos doesn't work out. Prices are great considering it is a 5 star property. I assume introductory pricing which will go WAY up if the hotel gets some positive feedback in the first year. Might be a bargain but I question whether it will be done in time. We all know November 2012 could be July 2013 in Cuban time. I will keep an eye on it and monitor the feedback when it does finally open. I would be shocked if it is open November.

Varadero, Cuba
Destination Expert
for Varadero
reviews: 26
3. Re: Ocean Varadero El Patriarca,

Iberostar Tainos is a 4 star resort. The Patriarca will be a good hotel, run by the Gaviota Group. Nice beach, next to Paradisus Varadero.

Edited: 7:00 am, June 28, 2012
Charlottetown...
Destination Expert
for Prince Edward Island
reviews: 67
4. Re: Ocean Varadero El Patriarca,

I was referring to the El Patriarca being a 5 star, not the Tainos Particularcuba. Couldn't quite understand why you were pointing that out for a while lol.

red deer, ab
reviews: 2
5. Re: Ocean Varadero El Patriarca,

Booked for January 24th...keeping my fingers crossed that it will open on time :)

Toronto, Canada
6. Re: Ocean Varadero El Patriarca,

just wondering where is the hotel located on the beach?

Varadero, Cuba
Destination Expert
for Varadero
reviews: 26
7. Re: Ocean Varadero El Patriarca,

It is told to open in October.

The hotel is located between Paradisus Varadero and Memories Varadero.

On the map it is still Ecological Reserve. In reality not any more: wikimapia.org/…b

Toronto, Canada
8. Re: Ocean Varadero El Patriarca,

thank you!

9. Re: Ocean Varadero El Patriarca,

There r a couple new resorts in varadeo. I have stayed at riu varadero twice and it was amazing. Riu varadero is right beside iberostar laguana azul. I stayed at riu Feb 2012 and i noticed another resort going up beside barcelo marina palace...beside the marina...where you take the cateraman excursion....i am wondering if that will be Ocean ??? If you go on trip adviser and look at pics of barcelo marina palace you can see the resort being built...but it is far from being finished and when we drove by it looked huge and like there may be water(ocean) on both sides...im wondering if this may possibily be ocean?? I also seen some construction that was kinda in back of sirenas la salina(memories varadero varadero)

montreal
reviews: 43
10. Re: Ocean Varadero El Patriarca,

If there is one country that i would never reserve a resort before its not finish that would be Cuba as people that reserved Iberostar Laguna Azul and Riu Varadero will probably understand what im saying .

If they open on time as i hope so for the people that will reserve this place but i sure know from experience that i would not trust them as its CUBA ....