We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Barcelo Premium Solymar (Varadero)

Long Sault Ontario
Barcelo Premium Solymar (Varadero)

My wife and I are planning to go there April 2nd.

Anybody been to hotel or know of it

Thank you

Norm and Judy

Toronto, Ontario
reviews: 1
11. Re: Barcelo Premium Solymar (Varadero)

Hey there I just returned from Barcelo Solymar yesterday. I would go back tomorrow if I could. This was my 3rd trip to Varadero and the best resort I've been to. The food was also the best I've ever had and the first time I didn't have any GI issues if you know what I mean. Book the a la carte restarunts in the first day you get there so you can get in. I reccomend the lobster in the open aired beach seafood restarunt, but the other 3 restarunts are just as wonderful. Even if you are a picky eater you can usually find something you like.

It is within close walking distance to the markets downdown and several of the nightclubs. Solymar has the best area of white sand beach on the stip in my opinion and we walked a substantal amount past many of the other resorts. We stayed in the bungalos and really liked them since the were 2 seconds the beach. I've heard the hotel rooms in the main building were nice. This hotel is about 4 years old so doesn't have the run down appearance that many of the older hotels do.

We were three women in ranging in age from 28-40 and found that because of the size of the resort there was a good mix of people including, singles couples and families. The animation team was amazing and always tried to get people involved during the day and in the shows as well as organized nightly excursions to the local nightclubs. If you have any specific questions about the resort don't be afriad to e-mail me.

Canada
12. Re: Barcelo Premium Solymar (Varadero)

+Visit to this hotel last year- excellent facilites, beach is beautiful but make sure to go early to get chair(s).

a tip of a dollar a day to your maids and table servers will do wonders. Bring some dollar store gifts to give and/or some old clothes for children are very appreciative also makeup and soaps/toothpastes are good. Check very carefully any telephone calls as they are overcharged and expensive, and they have no proper record to prove these charges. To dispute is a waste of time. The Hotel Managment staff are arrogant and insulting , and when we complained of a telephone error in our bill threatened to call the Police., which could of been very embarrassing and timely,Which spoiled our stay at this hotel. The original beach house was not available and we were forced to stay in the main building which is a a longer walk to the beach with little view. Sorry This is not our favourite hotel, but our stay at the Hotel Beaches Super Club was much more pleasant and friendly. regards Papou.

Vancouver, BC
reviews: 9
13. Re: Barcelo Premium Solymar (Varadero)

If you type in the name on this site there are reviews for all the hotels in cuba. There is a search engine on the left just type in the name.

reviews: 2
14. Re: Barcelo Premium Solymar (Varadero)

Hi,

Have not 'stayed' on the property, but have been inside.....beautiful hotel.....a group of us will be going there in June....always stay in the hotel section, not the bungalows....it is 5minutes from the town, and the beach there is beautiful....you would not regret it.

ken