We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Difficult Choice - Playa Pesquero or Iberostar Varadero?

Toronto
Difficult Choice - Playa Pesquero or Iberostar Varadero?

Looking at booking one of these hotels. Has anyone been to both??! Can you tell me are they similar?? Is one better over the other??? Any infor would be great!! I did have a friend who had gone to the Iberostar and he absolutly loved it but I hear the Playa is bigger.

Sunderland
reviews: 5
1. Re: Difficult Choice - Playa Pesquero or Iberostar Varadero?

we have been to pesquero a few years ago and really enjoyed it ,its a large lively hotel with two large swimming pools , one was closed when we were there but still lots of room, we are off to iberostar tomorrow, i get the impression it will be a quiter atmosphere, if you have not decided by the time we are back i will give you an opinion on the two

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
for Cuba, Rafael Freyre, Guardalavaca, Holguin
reviews: 35
2. Re: Difficult Choice - Playa Pesquero or Iberostar Varadero?

It is a very difficult choice. The Playa Pesquero is a larger hotel with 944 rooms.

If you want a night life outside of the resort choose Varadero but if that's not important to you, I'd opt for the Pesquero.

Chelsea, Canada
reviews: 14
3. Re: Difficult Choice - Playa Pesquero or Iberostar Varadero?

We were in the exact same dilema a few month ago, we ended up choosing Iberostar Varadero. IBV is smaller with 380 rooms, PP has 912 rooms(or 944 depends on sites). PP was hit by hurrican in 2008 and vegetation took a hit, because of that IBV seemed to be more lush. It also seemed to have more shade available, and to us that was important(2 young kids). These were the main factors that made us pick IBV. We liked it a lot. I posted a review on it.

Edited: 3:12 pm, May 20, 2010
4. Re: Difficult Choice - Playa Pesquero or Iberostar Varadero?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, November 17, 2010