We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Casas Particulares

Penticton, B.C...
reviews: 1
Casas Particulares

Is it possible to book a Casa Particulares from Varadero?

Toronto, Canada
1. Re: Casas Particulares

I'm not quite sure what you mean by your post. Are you wondering if you can book a Casa in Varadero? The answer is NO because there are no Casa's directly in Varadero. Closest are Matanzas or Cardenas.

If you're wondering if you can book Casas elsewhere in Cuba after you get to Varadero, then that is indeed possible.

Generally, when I travel about the country I never bother booking a Casa in advance (except for my regular month-long Casa in Havana) but simply arrive in whatever town I'm visiting and then find one. I've never been stuck yet.

Perhaps expand your question a bit and we can offer further advice.

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Camaguey, Cuba
2. Re: Casas Particulares

There are no legal casas particulares in Varadero. You have to go to Matanza or other towns near by. Look at Mardi's insider's page or send him a pm as he knows the region really well.

Dublin
3. Re: Casas Particulares

If you need advice about booking casas, you should contact jorgeguide2004@yahoo.es. We booked our first trip to Cuba with him in September staying in casas in Havana and Trinidad and his choices were excellent. For us, it just took the worry of making a booking blunder away from us and there was always someone to contact if we had a problem there :-).

reviews: 13
4. Re: Casas Particulares

Salis there's no legal casa in varadero, but you can find illegal ones.. You will not find the place on internet don't even try to find it..

You have to have contact caus the person who do that can be caught and pay a lot of pesos.

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Camaguey, Cuba
5. Re: Casas Particulares

I really don't recommand anyone to go to an illegal casa. The police can arrive at any hour and you can end up in the street at 2am... Plus, you usually pay the same price than a legal one but with less service... Most often than not, you have to leave early in the morning and cannot come back until dark.

The system for the legal casa is there for 2 reasons, one of which is to make sure that the governement receive the money the owners have to pay each month (200CUC I think) the other is to garantie the tourist safety and confort. Indeed, before being granted the licence, the owners have to go true an investigation regarding there morality and an inspection of the house to make sure it meets some property and confort standards. Exactly like in Canada, where you cannot operat and inn or b and b without a license.

Enven though there is no legal casas in Varadero, there is many cheap hotels (2 stars)that are clean, secure and not expensive. As for the other cities, I see no reason for going to an illegal casa, unless the cuban person you are going with does not want to register...

Havana, Cuba
reviews: 5
6. Re: Casas Particulares

Severe crackdown on illegalities at this very moment suggests this is the wrong timing to look for illegal Casas in Varadero or anywhere IMHO.

Nova Scotia, Canada
7. Re: Casas Particulares

Why would someone even consider going to Cuba planning in advance on doing something illegal? There are clear rules in place for tourists in Cuba, as there are in most countries. If someone were not prepared to respect the rules in any foreign country, they would be best to stay at home.

Te original poster did not ask about finding an illegal casa … it was a responder who suggested it.

Cuba
reviews: 2
8. Re: Casas Particulares

Okay ...

Here is the question ...

"Is it possible to book a Casa Particulares from Varadero?"

As stated ... there are no "Legal" casa particular's in Varadero ...

As mentioned the closest are in Cardenas and Matanzas.

Answer ... Yes you can book from Varadero as long as you have the correct phone number ... But

The best way to ensure the casa is available for you is to go in person and register.

This also allows you to inspect the room to see if it is to your liking. (you could go to several in a day trip)

Also ask and even write down what the extras costs are (food, drink etc).

Other than that ... have a great stay

Mardi

9. Re: Casas Particulares

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 pm, October 11, 2009