We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help Please! Blau Varadero / Barcelo Solymar or Sol Palmeras

Toronto, Canada
reviews: 4
Help Please! Blau Varadero / Barcelo Solymar or Sol Palmeras

Hi,

Having never been to Varadero - I'm having trouble deciding between these hotels.

AC Vacations rates the beach and meals better at the Barcelo/Sol Palmeras - but the reviews on TA favour the Blau.

I'm totally confused..Any input (i.e. standard of rooms, etc...) is appreciated!

Toronto, Canada
reviews: 4
1. Re: Help Please! Blau Varadero / Barcelo Solymar or Sol Palmeras

My apologies....Add Melia Las Americas to the mix!

Thanks!!!

Ottawa
2. Re: Help Please! Blau Varadero / Barcelo Solymar or Sol Palmeras

I personally believe that the Solymar beach is the best in Varadero.

Toronto, Canada
reviews: 7
3. Re: Help Please! Blau Varadero / Barcelo Solymar or Sol Palmeras

Barcelo Solymar I would recommend because of its beach and location. Food would be similar quality at all three resorts. Cannot comment on the Melia.

If you are booking with Air Canada vacations, check that the flights are direct from Toronto to Cuba. I have seen some packages for Nov and December that go thru Montreal.

manchester
reviews: 6
4. Re: Help Please! Blau Varadero / Barcelo Solymar or Sol Palmeras

Hi jan, the sol palmeras is a lovely hotel we are back there in october the food is very good, the beach is out of this world, the staff are realy great it will be our forth time there since last July 07, it is one of the older hotels a little tired but so clean you can eat your food off th floor the staff can not do enough for you. ann x

toronto
reviews: 3
5. Re: Help Please! Blau Varadero / Barcelo Solymar or Sol Palmeras

Hi Tanned got to go for the Barcelo solymar went last year good party hotel ..beaches are fantastic..but watch out for undertow can be very dangerous...and entertainment staff the best.Have a great trip

Fort St-John BC
reviews: 3
6. Re: Help Please! Blau Varadero / Barcelo Solymar or Sol Palmeras

Any of those three, you will like, We were at the Blau Varadero and just liked it and it was our first time to Cuba, really enjoyed the Blau.

Kincardine, Canada
reviews: 9
7. Re: Help Please! Blau Varadero / Barcelo Solymar or Sol Palmeras

i guess it would have to depend on your age and what you look for in a vacation. if you want a busier resort, younger crowd, party atmosphere, and close to town then go for the solymar, if you are wanting an older group, quiet, peaceful, vacation a little further from town then i suggest the Blau.. having stayed at the Blau twice now and booked for there again in December i could not find any faults with the blau at all. The beach is gorgeous at the Blau, from what i hear its all the same until you start getting closer to the tip of the peninsula. Good luck choosing and have fun no matter what.

Toronto, Canada
reviews: 7
8. Re: Help Please! Blau Varadero / Barcelo Solymar or Sol Palmeras

I am neither the younger age group and nor do I like party resorts. We were at Solymar during the Ontario university reading week and to my surprise there were all age groups of people there.

The younger ones go to the cheaper Varadero resorts...i.e. Arenas Blancas (the party resort) but we found Solymar to very quiet at night. We find that most resorts in Varadero are quiet at night because most go off the resorts to go to the clubs. When we go to the Holguin resorts, most people stay on the resorts at night and it is more lively as a result.

I would stay at any of the three resorts but because of the location, I would always chose Solymar...close to town...more to do within walking distance.

9. Re: Help Please! Blau Varadero / Barcelo Solymar or Sol Palmeras

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:21 pm, October 08, 2009